Touchy subject: Are you a drinker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyAustin

I'm wondering, after camp is set, do you drink (alcohol)?  If so, do you ever go a little overboard and how often? 

A long time ago I could say yes to all of the questions, then I saw I was headed for trouble after an honest evaluation of self and the family tree.
Many are in denial which is not a river in Egypt!

We absolutely do!  We are responsible adults and never go beyond our limits...at this point, we're a little old for that - neither of us want to "toss our cookies" as all the fun comes to a screeching halt at that point!

We drink enough just to enjoy ourselves  8)

back in my youth i was a bit of a crazy drinker and not be constantly drunk but not drink till a party then go into hyper mode with my friends we'd be one big drinking mess but as i got older its like the need to get drunk for getting drunk sake is gone, i do have a drink now and again and kind of stop when i start to feel it.
;D

I have never been drunk in my life. Both my parents died of alcoholism so I have a very low opinion of drinking alcohol. I am shocked by the sheer number of alcoholics who are in denial. Many people live in the delusion that they can "control" their drinking so therefore they are not an alcoholic.

A couple of cold beers, in the easy chair, under the awning, after a long trip.

Now thats the life......

MikeyAustin said:
I'm wondering, after camp is set, do you drink (alcohol)?  If so, do you ever go a little overboard and how often?
Nope, time to cook.
J

I'm rather fond of my beer and usually have a few while or after setting up. Or around 4-5 pm if already set up.  Or if we go out for lunch or dinner some place. I'm one of those happily-in-denial alcoholics that Seilerbird abhors. 

I'll go with "Happy in Denial", but a lot less so than when I was younger.
Ernie

PS I'm a pilot and the "Eight hours bottle to throttle" rule is well ingrained. I believe it applies to Motor Homes as well and have never violated it for either.

Here are some drinking quotes for those of us who can handle them:

I feel sorry for people who don?t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that?s as good as they?re going to feel all day.
Lyndon B. Johnson

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ernest Hemingway

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
Paul Horning

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
H. L. Mencken

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.  When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let?s all get drunk and go to heaven!
George Bernard Shaw

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but it doesn?t go as well with pizza.
Dave Barry

Remember ?I? before ?E?, except in Budweiser.
Professor Irwin Corey

To some it?s a six-pack, to me it?s a ?support group.? Salvation in a can!
Leo Durocher

I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I?m so steady I don?t move for months.
W. C Fields

One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the ?Buffalo Theory? to his buddy Norm:
?Well ya see, Norm, it?s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That?s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.?

"No" to all.

A person is born with a lifetime allocation of alcohol.  I worked really hard on consuming mine and used it all up by 1985 and can't have anymore. :)

Pretty much a Yes, No and frequently.

Problem with me is I LOVE beer! I will never drink and drive, but when I'm camping I really enjoy relaxing and having beer. A week's camping regularly requires more than 24!

I handle my alcohol really well and never suffer the next day blues. I find others that drink that start getting sloppy at 3 or 4 beers.

If I have beer in the house, it's my drink of choice but that's why I intentionally don't keep beer in the house all the time.

As Billy Currington currently sings.....

"I ain't good at much, but I'm pretty good at drinking beer!"

Mike

I enjoy scotch and imbibe daily.  I particularly enjoy drinking good scotch and frequently will try something new, at least new to me.

Had a thread recently where the original poster carried a breath analyzer with him.  As far as drinking, like many, not like when I was young.  A beer or if a real hot day, a nice gin & tonic is nice.  Too much?  Not in many many years. 

Never at a lunch while traveling.  In fact, can't remember the ast lunchtime beer or drink.  This is something for a social setting in the evening for us.

As to denial being seen everywhere, that view is often shared by people that have been hurt by drinking, a super sensitivity.  Seeing things that may not really be there, but seeing it up close will affect your view.

Mikey -  I'm curious.  What made you ask this question?

In answer to your question, Tom and I enjoy wine.  When in a restaurant, we often order a Bloody Mary.  Olive Garden, in particular, dresses up their Bloody Marys with an amazing amount of stuff on a skewer.

Margi

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom