Touchy subject: Are you a drinker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zukIzzy said:
My vices change from time to time but I treat alcohol like golf. Golf? you may ask, Well I know I will love it so I chose to not start it because when I do I will jump in with both feet.

wayne

You don't even want to KNOW what happens to those of us who have combined booze AND golf!  :'(

Seems to me on the various posts, we are all watching to much political daily TV. We are all getting giddy... Is that a good word?  November 2 will determine if the World will end as we know it.

PancakeBill said:
Ref says no harm no foul.  Everyone to the showers.

Bill, when my team plays the Dallas Cowboys, I prefer the interpretation of "no autopsy, no foul". ;)

Quite the thread.  Thanks for asking.  I enjoyed the replies, especially the humourous ones.

Yes, I've been known to have a few drinks and yes I do get a bit louder when with my friends.  I also have driven drunk once or twice in my 20's several decades ago but never since.

Tony_Alberta said:
Quite the thread.  Thanks for asking.  I enjoyed the replies, especially the humourous ones.

You're right, Tony: Quite a thread.  65 replies and almost 800 views in 48 hours. 

Sue can (and usually does) go for weeks without drinking and then decide she wants a martooni or tee before dinner.  The next day is usually when I plan to do my "outside stuff".  :D

I'm a typical 5PM coctail hour guy.  Usually one before dinner.  If I pour a second one after dinner, more often than not, it goes half unfinished.  This wastefulness drives Sue to drin.......Oh, never mind.

I thought I would add my 2 cents worth to this thread.Several times since we have been in Nova Scotia people say to me ,wow you must be rich to have that nice motor home and then I tell them that we bought it with the money we saved by not drinking or smoking for the last 25 years.I wonder if a lot of people who do drink and or smoke ever really sit down and total up the cost of these habits.  Thanks,Alan

[quote author=hpykmpr]
Several times since we have been in Nova Scotia people say to me ,wow you must be rich to have that nice motor home and then I tell them that we bought it with the money we saved by not drinking or smoking for the last 25 years.  I wonder if a lot of people who do drink and or smoke ever really sit down and total up the cost of these habits.  Thanks,Alan
[/quote]

I bought mine with the money I saved by bumming cigarettes and drinking Two Buck Chuck instead of cocktails and caviar in fancy bars and restaurants.  I park the old Bounder among the rich every chance I get. ;)

It pleases me that red wine is now touted as "heart healthy".  Now I drink "for medicinal purposes only".  But it's only one glass, as recommended by the medical world.  Luckily, the size of the glass was not prescribed.

hpykmpr said:
I thought I would add my 2 cents worth to this thread.Several times since we have been in Nova Scotia people say to me ,wow you must be rich to have that nice motor home and then I tell them that we bought it with the money we saved by not drinking or smoking for the last 25 years.I wonder if a lot of people who do drink and or smoke ever really sit down and total up the cost of these habits.  Thanks,Alan

Alan, if you live in Canada, I can see how you could save up a lot of money by not drinking to buy a nice coach.  Liquor costs a lot in Canada!

Marsha

You got it! A 24 pack of beer costs almost $ 40 and in the States I can get 30 beer for $ 15. If you like Crown Royal, it's $ 45 a bottle in Canda but $ 23 at the Duty Free.

Taxes, taxes, taxes......and use I do know my user name!  8)

Mike

Marsha/CA said:
Alan, if you live in Canada, I can see how you could save up a lot of money by not drinking to buy a nice coach.  Liquor costs a lot in Canada!

Marsha

When I am not lazy, I brew my own beer and wine.  Beer is 30$ a keg (60 beers), wine about 3.50$ a bottle.  I could make the wine cheaper, but you get what you pay for. 

CDN_Taxman said:
You got it! A 24 pack of beer costs almost $ 40 and in the States I can get 30 beer for $ 15. If you like Crown Royal, it's $ 45 a bottle in Canda but $ 23 at the Duty Free.

Taxes, taxes, taxes......and use I do know my user name!  8)

Mike

Apples to oranges comparison...... 

Any 30 pack of beer you can get in the US for $15 wouldn't be fit to drink, and the average US citizen can't buy his booze at the duty free shop.

The beer I was drinking during this year's trip to Cooperstown, NY was Keystone Light and regular Busch.

Seeing how beer is really only rented, it was perfectly fine on those hot, hot days and didn't taste all that bad to me either.

And, to boot, they were in cans. In Canada we pay about a $ 5 premium for cans!

And I only used the Duty Free because I don't know what Crown Royal goes for in the States!

Mike

Molaker said:
It pleases me that red wine is now touted as "heart healthy".  Now I drink "for medicinal purposes only".  But it's only one glass, as recommended by the medical world.  Luckily, the size of the glass was not prescribed.
Hehehe  I've been known to have two or three glasses with friends at Friday steak night at the Legion.  I'll have to use this rational to explain why the second or third glass. 

BTW I walk there and home.  I do not drive.

CDN_Taxman said:
And I only used the Duty Free because I don't know what Crown Royal goes for in the States!

Mike
A co-worker in San Jose, CA told he buys a half gallon of Crown for what we pay for a 750ml in New Brunswick.  Talking about Crown Royal, I'll think I'll have a sip.

All liquor, wine and beer are priced, taxed and even marketed differently in each of the States.  Prices vary drastically from area to area.  Example: A bottle of my favorite (cheap bar) vodka is $16 in NC, but only $9 in VT.  My bad, that should have read NH... not VT.

Back
Top Bottom