What is the ideal layout for your home base?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PastorTravis

We have an awesome opportunity with a free piece of land to set up a home base for our family. The land is about 3 or 4 acres of very mature hardwoods. We are free to clear what we need to. We live in a 39' Bounder diesel pusher.

we are thinking a circle drive. Pull the coach in right beside a wooden deck about 35' long by 12' wide. Maybe put a shed for the washer/dryer and storage at the rear of the deck. That way you stay on the deck and just walk to the rear and walk right in the wash room. We are not planning a RV shed at first but hopefully later. We we leave, just put in slides and pull out the other end of the circle drive.

Does anyone have another layout that might work better?

Have you ever seen a web site that had different site plans for doing this?

What a great opportunity.  I certainly haven't seen any websites with options but have seen quite a number of variations in and around Palm Springs Calif at a few of the upscale parks there.  I'll follow this tread with interest though to see what ideas others have.

Good Luck...

Rick

On this land you actually have access to water, power, and sewer? With three acres, I know I would have a garden unless you don't plan on staying put long.
Are you a traveling minister?
J

You mentioned  mature trees.  Will you have to cut them down?  A circle drive will cause you to  remove more trees than say a back in. Will they interfere with your TV reception/satellite signals.  Will they give you shade or will they just drip on you long after it rains?  Will any of the trees interfere with a slide out?  I'd say  location of your  trees could  be cause for some special  planning.
Sounds like a fun project. 

Betty

The location of the utilities is important. You don't want to put your RV site at the back of the 3 acres if the electric lines are at the street. My parents had something similar to what you describe. They had a circular drive with a deck. They left all the trees in the middle of the circle. They also had a well house that they used for storage. Everything was toward the front of the 1-acre lot.

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Have fun
Wendy

We will have to clear underbrush and some small trees. We may have to remove about two of the mature ones. Power is about 200 feet away so it will cost about $400 to get it to me (checked on that today). Water is about 40 yards away so no problem there. There is no sewer yet so we will have to get a perk test done. We travel and do our ministry so we are home some and gone alot. Sometimes we are gone for a month at a time other times we come and go. There will obviously be some cost to the dirt work building the pad, road and so on but we can do it as we go. A back in spot may be better for starters to save a little money.

Even with a back-in (or front-in, if that's a nicer view), you still need to provide space to turn around at the end f your access road. Otherwise it's a long way to back in/out.

Depending on the soil type and conditions, it takes a little more than pushing some dirt and gravel around also.

Back
Top Bottom