FMCA Rally - Farmington NM - Oct 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Anyone going to the Rocky Mountain FMCA Rally? We'll be there. Actually, we'll be there early as there's a geocaching event in Farmington on 10/10/10 at 10:10 am :)

Happy travels
Wendy

Betty and Terry Brewer will be there but  I have not yet consulted Terry for  the actual arrival dates.  We want to  play around the Mesa Verde area before we arrive.
Betty

Terry and Betty Brewer are set up in Lot 4 space 71.  The big blue sign by the kiosk  at our row says 19.  It was a beautiful day.  We visited the Aztec National Monument with Mike and Wendy.  Will hit the activities ASAP in morning.  Forum members, please post your sight and we will have to plan a happy hour or two.  This is perfect  rally weather.

Mike and Wendy are in Lot 1, space 30 - handicapped area, around the perimeter where the display coaches are. You'll pass our MH backend when you ride the shuttle.

If you haven't picked out something to do tomorrow morning at 10:30, the guy who is doing the "Wagon Train West" seminar is fabulous. His name is Tom Wheeler and he's a 3rd generation trader in the area. He has his grandmother's journals from when she was traveling in a wagon train. You could listen to him talk for hours.

The trip to Aztec with Terry and Betty was great. Of course, they had already found the only local Thai restaurant in the area so we hit it first for lunch. I'm not a Thai food expert but it was very good. Then we wandered the Aztec ruins with Betty reading from the self-guided tour guide (she got to be the leader since we all used her new geezer card to get in free). As we were leaving, Terry decided we needed ice cream so off we went to Dairy Queen.

Back to the coach and walked Gordon then Mike took him for a run on the bicycle. Then time to relax and have our own happy hour.

Looking forward to an RV Forum Happy Hour tomorrow or the next day or the next.

Wendy, Mike and Gordon

The 27th Annual Rocky Mountain Ramble is being held in Farmington, NM  this week. There are 340 coaches in attendance and we all have electric and water.  Beautiful facilities.  Today we  toured  the nearby historic City of Aztec along with Mike and Wendy.  The Aztec National Monument is  a very well done  restoration of Ancient Puebloan Ruins and boasts of the largest restored Kiva.  It was my treat as we  used my newly acquired National Parks Pass to get us all in for free.

In addition we found a delightful Thai Basil Restaurant in the" historic" section of town.  We ordered larb, fresh spring rolls, broccoli and beef and a noodle pad thai dish.  Yum

We topped off the day with a trip  to another culinary diner for dessert, Dairy Queen.  I snapped a photo of Mike and Wendy  in a spot where I was sure they would not be stealing any of the wall signs.

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Kiva.jpg
    Kiva.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Ruins.jpg
    Ruins.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 37
  • Pepsi.JPG
    Pepsi.JPG
    515.5 KB · Views: 55
Have a blast everyone... we came home...skipping Farmington.  I was not feeling well and needed to be home.

thx, G.

Hey Gary and Colleen,
Gary, sorry you are  not feeling well.  But thanks for letting us know you will not be here. I walked all over the sections this afternoon looking for you guys. I almost got in my 10,000 steps today.  Hope to see  you guys at future RVForum rallies.  We need to do some  serious 4 wheeling.

Betty

Betty - Glad to see you got Wendy and Mike with the Pepsi and Nehi signs.  Something about poetic justice!  :D ;) ::) ;D

ArdraF

We are here also. Near Terry & Betty at 4-56. Discovery. Great dinner with Wendy, Mike, Terry & Betty at Red Lobster. Let us know when the GTG is.
Bob & Donna

Bob & Donna - Glad to see you found your way to The RV Forum ! Hope you hang around.

Wendy

Wendy, I actually joined a long time ago but never followed it. When I went to login as a "new" member my handle was taken so I looked it up and it was mine. I knew there couldn't be 2 of us out here. I"m so unique..LOL :)

HAPPY HOUR - Tonight, Friday 10/15, 4:00 pm
Mike & Wendy's Winnebago, Handicapped Parking 1-30, look for the yellow VW
Bring your favorite drink and a snack to share if you want and chairs (the ground's pretty hard)

Wendy & Mike

The  Happy Hour at Mike and Wendy's tonight was really fun.  We had new friends join us.  Terry and Betty had met Bob and Donna in a ferry parking on the way to Labrador in 2008. Seems Donna has been a non participating RVForum member  for quite a while.  Newlyweds John and Debbie,  who are also new to full timing, joined us.  Boy did we all talk at once giving them  tips  on " how  to" do this RV life.  Tonight  we will  attend the entertainment and then I will post some of the  Forum photos I took.

I continue to enjoy  Rallies  and the opportunities created by RVForum participation.  We meet the nicest  folks and of course,  through the medium of Forum we can keep in touch with long time RVForum  friends.  Thanks to Wendy for  being the hostess.

Betty

The Rocky Mountain Ramble  FMCA area rally held in Farmington New Mexico was fantastic.  There were only 340 coaches in attendance  and  the small attendance  resulted in non crowded vendors, trams, seminars and meal events.  I would encourage anyone  who has not attended this rally to consider it at the same time frame (Mid Ocotober 2011) next year.   

New things I discovered were
HarvestHosts.com  who offer 24 hour free parking at  wineries and farms across USA.  I got a collapsable  bucket from Almost Heaven Micro fiber .  It will fit my mops,  serve as an ice bucket and maybe a foot pedicure bath for  dirty camping  areas. I also purchased slippers with microfiber bottoms ( that detach for cleaning) and I have been slippering around my floor since I got home. Who else can have fun cleaning their floors?  See  Almostheavenproducts.com  for information. 

Additionally I did lots of crafts.  Some of them turned out really really well, others you can be thankfull  you are not on my Christmas list.

The most fun was the friendships made and  reconnected times with RVForum members.  And now onward toward home in Yuma.
Betty

Betty:

Does the same bucket serve pedicures and as an ice bucket? ::)

Debbie and I enjoyed meeting everyone at the Happy Hour.  Being new to RVing, we learned a few things there as well as from other people at the rally.  I will second the comments about Harvest Hosts.  It seems like a great idea, and we look forward to utilizing our membership.  www.HarvestHosts.com is a site you might want to investigate.
John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom