Dumb questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don, the only "dumb question" is the one not asked

I used to believe that, then I started working in the tourist biz.  We make lists. 

When does an elk become a moose? is the tops I think, but the jury is still out. 

Trust me, there are dumb questions. Like Bill, we worked with tourists who have a tendency to leave their brains at home whilst on vacation. And every park we worked at had a "book" with dumb things people did and said. One of our favorites at Scottys Castle was "What time does the 2 o'clock tour start?" But I do like the elk-moose question :) And then there was the guy who tried to drive his sports car up the Telescope Peak trail.......

Wendy

[quote author=PancakeBill]
When does an elk become a moose?
[/quote]

I had to page back to make sure I wasn't still reading the "Do you drink" thread :)

Gary, that reminded me of a fellow I ran into on a Carolina beach once, who asked me how many TIDES we had per day on the Atlantic coast.

My answer, "two high and two low".  He surmised that, back home in California, the Pacific ocean has three. :-\ ??? 

Lou, a lot of things are different in California. I have it on good authority that they have 3 high tides but only one low. I think Proposition #2593 made it that way.

About the Elk question...  giggle

The Elk is part of the Deer family. The Deer is probably related to the Caribou family which in turn is part of the Moose family. The Eland is part of the Gazelle family.  Good grief, did they all originate in Arkansas? 

Now this is a serious subject.  :-\

carson

Bill, if you recall, last year we had a moose picture posted on the forum, that was actually a caribou, whilst they were visiting my fair neck of the woods.

Ed 

Lowell said:
If there are no dumb questions, why are there so many dumb answers?  ;D

These forums are proof that dumb answers do not require dumb questions. :D

Dumb answers do not have to be accompanied by bloviation, exaggeration, prevarication and/or pontification either, but some folks seem to think they earn extra style points that way. ;) :D ;D

Maybe Abe was right... It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Regarding stupid questons:

I don't know.. after the 20th time answering the exact same question in the exact same way one begins to wonder about both the question and the questioner.. IN face one has been wondering for quite a while.

[quote author=John From Detroit ]
Regarding stupid questons:

I don't know.. after the 20th time answering the exact same question in the exact same way one begins to wonder about both the question and the questioner..
[/quote]

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results, is the surest sign of insanity.  Maybe one should "wonder" about the answer and/or the answerer.  Duh?

IN face one has been wondering for quite a while.

Speaking of wondering....  I wonder what this means?

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Don, the only "dumb question" is the one not asked.Ed
I guess you have been missing a lot of my questions here.

However,

"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions."
--Charles Steinmetz

-Don-​

DonTom said:
However, you should:

"Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers."
--Voltaire
-Don Quoteman​

I'll venture a guess that Voltaire's intended message was the opposite of JFD's. 

Back
Top Bottom