Montreal Amateur Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

Stu,

How long have you held the VE2JSS call?  I was first licensed in 1972 with VE2ESV with which I operated from DDO and from St. Lazare until about 1997.  Participated in the West Island Amateur Radio Club, and had a few dealing with the Montreal Amateur Club.  Moved to ON where my call is VA3VH.

Where is/was your station?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Had it since the early 80s I think, (when VHF only licence first became available) not active any longer. . Took my courses at Concordia University Radio Club, was longtime member of MARC and also WIRC for several years, RAC, Telephone Pioneers ARC. (too many clubs to keep up with, Heh,heh).  Was more into packet radio but used VHF a lot with MARC, helped with repeater station etc.  Have been a lifelong wannabe and took code lessons and technical courses in the mid sixties at MARC along with my wife but the code never "stuck". Lifelong "techie" from the mid fifties (RCAF aux), retired telco.  Also hold  VHF Marine Operators licence...

The call itself represents my initials.

Station is in Pierrefonds (former neighbour eh??), with a portable VHF (Alinco DJF1) unit, Icom IC735, (SWL only & about to advertise for sale) Have a daughter living in Kanata.

I wouldn't be surprised if our paths might have crossed somewhere along the way.  Originally my station was in DDO near St, Johns Rd and Blue Haven, then moved to St. Lazare.

Used to be very active on VE2RM but I gather it has changed quite a bit now.

Next time you visit your daughter in Kanata, give me a call for an eyeball meeting.  See my homepage for contact info.

Probably not much chance for meeting in Florida, since I see you're around Naples and we're in East Central Florida.

Will certainly keep that in mind!! We will likely be up there shortly as SIL will be off to Africa for 3 weeks very shortly, (Cdn Gummint business).....

Back
Top Bottom