Florence, OR, Mini-rally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmsboss1

Russ Mahoney is staying in Newport, OR and the Nesbitts in Coos Bay so we met in the middle at the Bridgewater Seafood Restaurant and Fish House in Florence.  The Nesbitts picked the restaurant in error, Don believing that we had eaten there three years ago.  When we arrived, we realized we had eaten at the Firehouse restaurant down the street.

Good mistake!  The Bridgewater seafood chowder was excellent, kind of a good New England style clam chowder with shrimp, scallops and fish thrown in -- YUM! To top it off they also served me the best fried oysters I've had in several years.  I didn't hear any complaints from Mary Ann or Russ either.

We had a lot of catching up to do since the last time we were together was at Capitol Reef NP about a year and a half ago.  We had lots of enjoyable conversation and many laughs.

Russ regaled us with stories about and demonstrations of the I-Pad and I-phone that he brought along.  He was doing his best to turn me into an I-Person. 

When I showed him my new LG Slide 'phone and bragged about how I had upgraded to a color screen this time, Russ called me a Luddite.  I think that's a compliment, right?

After lunch Russ took Mary Ann across the street to the kitchen store and tried to get her to spend money on a bunch of heretofore unknown necessities.  Fortunately, he did not succeed!

Below is the required picture proof to make this an official mini-rally.

Attachments

• Russ and us.jpg
    Russ and us.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Don, glad you got to meet up. Russ is a great guy to be around, and a long time forum member.

Rusell keeps fighting the I-battle.  Probably one of these days we'll all give in, try the I-toys, and have to admit he was right all along.  ;D

(Most likely not in my lifetime!  ;D)  Smooches and hugs, Russ!  Eagerly anticipating your travel notes, Don.  ;D

Margi

Russ regaled us with stories about and demonstrations of the I-Pad and  I-phone that he brought along.  He was doing his best to turn me into an  I-Person. 

When I showed him my new LG Slide 'phone and bragged  about how I had upgraded to a color screen this time, Russ called me a  Luddite.  I think that's a compliment, right?

We all get that monniker when we start questioning the A-Cult. ;D

Back
Top Bottom