*sigh* I sure wish we were camping this weekend. Boo!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly G

We had a bunch of things to take care of this weekend, and just had to commit to not camping.  It's soooo hard!  Especially with a brand new camper calling our name. 

I feel like a spoiled kid - but I'd rather be camping this weekend!

DITTO! We were going to Lake Whitney State Park, TX but it's raining here in Fort Worth. Guess this will be a "honey-dew" weekend. 

This far south, our camping season is just getting started!  We don't tend to camp too much in the summer unless it's by the beach or by some cool springs, because otherwise it's just too hot!

Columbus Day should be GORGEOUS up there!  I'm jealous!!

We were going to go to Padre Island this week.  Well, we ended up buying a tow car I was never going to buy, yes I know, and I'm driving it home.  Yep, Sue Anne and I went to Seattle to get it, great price, nice little vehicle.  We are in Dumas, Texas tonight after driving from Seattle to Oregon, to Idaho, to Wyoming, to Colorado, through the panhandle of Oklahoma.  Hope to be home Monday and no, no Padre Island this time sigh.

But the drive and scenery was just beautiful, some rain in Washington but otherwise, wonderful temps and weather couldn't have asked for nicer.  We had never been in this part of the country before and I must have seen a million motorhomes, I'm sure a slight exaggeration, but hundreds I bet.  Made me wish we had ours.

It's a Saturrn Vue 2006, manual, 68000 miles.  doesn't use any oil, I check each morning and purrs along just fine.  Has taken me a bit to get used to a stick again but like riding a bike, you don't forget. Going to clean it up good, not so sure it won't get driven more.  I got 26.4 at 70mph and 25+ at 80mph.  Today I've driven 280 miles and a little less then half a tank of gas still, only 65 to 70 today so I'm guessing 30mpg.  Wow, far cry from our trucks and the motorhome. Yes, another toy.

Joezeppy said:
We have one more weekend planned - Columbus Day weekend. I'm excited since it's only a couple of weeks away but then........all done for the season - bummer!
Same for us. That is our Thanksgiving and we are making a short trip yo LaConnor WA for the weekend. Then it's time to put the fiver up for the winter. Sigh. Summer is just too short.

Just found out my daughters have a weekend off of marching band season the middle of October.  Looks like I may get another camping weekend in.  Now if Mother Nature will just cooperate.

Just had our last trip this weekend. Son ran a cross country invitational meet at HersheyPark, campground 3 mins away!! Nice warm weather. Then we had 20 kids from his cross country team and parents finish the day at HersheyPark.

Nice way to end the summer.

We're looking for a good local spot for this weekend...I can't WAIT!!!  I'll post an update when we know where we'll be!

Glad I'm not camping now.  We have had over 9" of rain since Sunday.  Second highest 24 hour rain total behind Hurricane Floyd.

Kelly G said:
Columbus Day should be GORGEOUS up there!  I'm jealous!!

I hope so. Fall can be so unpredictable up here. We went for the first time in 2008 - was hot and sunny all weekend! Last year, we sat around the campfire with our hats and mittens on and woke up to frost on the windows. Always have a great time, though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom