"Repel It"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

More Cowbell!

I saw this product (Repel It) at Lowes but was in a hurry and did not have time to stop and read the can.  Appears to be a spray-on water repellent for various surfaces.  I wondered if anyone knew about it or had experience with it...might it be safe for fiberglass and/or awnings?  I am looking for advice about the best product(s) to use on the exterior of our TT (and perhaps the roof as well---which is apparently made of vinyl).  Thanks.

MC

Neither your roof nor sidewalls need any waterproofing. The awning probably doesn't either.  Vinyl awnings won't ever need waterproofing, but acrylic fabric may if you use some really strong detergents or bleach on it. Since yours is new, I think you can consider yourself safe for several years in that regard.

I just have concerns about it being out in the weather.  I realize that is probably where 90% of these units spend their lives but I am just trying to protect it the best I can.  What about using garden variety Armor All or something with a silicone base to give the awnings (perhaps the roof) a bit more longevity?  Sadly, I cannot garage my trailer and I don't have the funds to build a shanty much less a decent garage.  Or do you think I would be wasting my time on these or any other chemicals?  Thanks again.

MC

No worries. The roof material is warrantied for 10 years and typically lasts 15 or more unless you tear it somehow. Awning fabric probably lasts 10+ years too, depending on the type (vinyl lasts longer than acrylic fabric). Chemicals are generally more harmful than good.  Keep it clean (fresh water and mild detergent), use a good car or boat wax on the fiberglass, and inspect the roof seems and re-caulk as necessary every year and you will be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom