"I'm just a love (bug) machine..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakRV

(With apologies to The Miracles)

I saw my first love bug of the Fall season here in central Florida last Tuesday.  We took the RV over to Fort Wilderness on Wednesday and got splattered by a hundred or so.  Today we drove the 60 miles back and were creamed by thousands.  Literally.  The front of our RV was just a giant love bug magnet sucking them in at 55 mph.  When I got home, I estimated there was at least one splattered love bug every two square inches.  Actually, since they come in pairs, that would be one love bug every square inch.  With 13,200 square inches of frontal area, that means 13,200 love bugs bit the bullet today on my RV.  Well, presumably they died happy.  ;D

Oh joy , we are leaving Nova Scotia on Oct. 1 to return to Florida I hope that they are gone by the time we get there which should be about Oct. 12. The rest of the splatter on the front of the RV will be enough even without the love bugs. Alan

Frank,

Glad you're taking care of the problem for us. :) At least they will all be gone by the time we return. Might even get out in the spring before they return!

hpykmpr said:
Oh joy , we are leaving Nova Scotia on Oct. 1 to return to Florida I hope that they are gone by the time we get there which should be about Oct. 12. The rest of the splatter on the front of the RV will be enough even without the love bugs. Alan
Jim Dick said:
Frank,
Glad you're taking care of the problem for us. :) At least they will all be gone by the time we return. Might even get out in the spring before they return!
Hey, I'll just drive around for the next few weeks and vacuum them all up before you two get here!

Johncmr said:
Rather deal with 12,000 love bugs than 27 bed-bugs!!
johncmr

Amen to that.  I cringe everytime that I read something on them.  A friend got bit at a motel in Texas recently.

AllegroRV [KodiakRV] said:
Hey, I'll just drive around for the next few weeks and vacuum them all up before you two get here!

Good deal, make sure you get them all, thanks Alan

Back
Top Bottom