It's campers like these that get campgrounds closed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rats1955

We went to a local campground run by a Federal agency.  The camping season is winding down, so there is not a campground hose available.  The campground was about 1/3 full.  There was a young family that was across the grassy center of the park from our campground.  We did not notice them much other than they had a very big campfire in the evening.  They left before we did and I was outside playing with the dog and the wife mentioned that she could see the campfire was still burning at their site.  I thought I should check it out.  The fire was not only burning it was extremely hot and still a lot of wood in the fire pit.  There was broken bottles and garbage in and around the campfire.  My wife and I put 6 buckets of water to put out the fire.  It's campers like these that get campgrounds closed.  I would not blame the campground manager to just close the campground when the host is not available.

You are correct in all your thoughts. It is really too bad that a few bad apples . . . well you know the rest.

The good news is that for every thoughtless camper there are many, many more who "get it."

You are to be congratulated for doing the right thing and putting out the fire. Good Job!

Hi Rats

I would like to say Thank You for what you did

It's campers like you that keep campgrounds open!!

regards, peter

Back
Top Bottom