EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: *sigh* It's 11pm and it's starting to storm outside...  (Read 1068 times)

Kelly G

• ---
  • Look out for my husband, More Cowbell!
*sigh* It's 11pm and it's starting to storm outside...
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
I really wish I'd put the horses in their stalls tonight.  The weather is just SO unpredictable...and of COURSE they all had baths today!

I don't worry about them getting wet (though I don't like them to get dirty)...I just worry about the lightning.

I hope it passes quickly.

Here are my horses, by the way:

#1  Siggy (Norwegian Fjord) 8 year old gelding

#2  Ole' (Norwegian Fjord) 9 year old gelding

#3  Stanley (American Saddlebred)  18 years young, gelding
...it all started with one night in a tent!
2010 Heritage Glen Travel Trailer (26')
2010 Toyota Tundra - V8 4.6L

rebecca62

• ---
  • Ted and Rebecca Full timers
Re: *sigh* It's 11pm and it's starting to storm outside...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Very nice i woned quarter horses for many yrs,miss having them but not the high cost of boarding,

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »
I'm also a horsewoman and have had horses for along time.  I've ridden western, english, jumped and did dressage; however my love was horsecamping.  We've camped all over Southern California and even a bit of Arizona. 

We still have an old fella left who is probably 27-28 years old, a grey arabian.  We moved from San Diego in June of 2007 when we sold our 3 acre ranch.  At that time we had 3 horses, all older.  2 are now gone and I just had a wall weaving done using the tail hairs from the two we lost.  If we ever stop traveling we might get back into it; but it's very-very hard to have horses and be gone 5-6 months out of the year.  But every once in a while, I sure miss them.

Marsha~

2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Kelly G

• ---
  • Look out for my husband, More Cowbell!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
Nice to meet you guys!  I figured there had to be some other horse people here!  I would love to do horse camping...but I'm the only rider in my family.  My husband indulges my hobby and is unbelievably tolerant of my non-stop horse talk   :P

How wonderful that you've been able to keep your horses through the end of their lives...that's a real gift.  I hope mine live as long.
...it all started with one night in a tent!
2010 Heritage Glen Travel Trailer (26')
2010 Toyota Tundra - V8 4.6L

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »
My husbands loves the horses about as much as I do and went with me as much as he could.  At that time he was working lots of hours, so his time was limited.  We even did a couple of pack trips into the mountains; that was really great. When my husband couldn't go with me horsecamping, I had a group of lady friends I would go with; lots of fun.

I've been lucky to have been able to keep mine all these years.  2 of them I got when they were 4, trained them myself.  The other I saved from a the "killer" truck.  He was a delight and so grateful.

Marsha~

2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Hosted by Over The Network