*sigh* It's 11pm and it's starting to storm outside...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly G

I really wish I'd put the horses in their stalls tonight.  The weather is just SO unpredictable...and of COURSE they all had baths today!

I don't worry about them getting wet (though I don't like them to get dirty)...I just worry about the lightning.

I hope it passes quickly.

Here are my horses, by the way:

#1  Siggy (Norwegian Fjord) 8 year old gelding

#2  Ole' (Norwegian Fjord) 9 year old gelding

#3  Stanley (American Saddlebred)  18 years young, gelding

Attachments

• Siggy Large (2).jpg
    Siggy Large (2).jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0008 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0008 (Large).JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 21
  • New Horse 4.jpg
    New Horse 4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 21
I'm also a horsewoman and have had horses for along time.  I've ridden western, english, jumped and did dressage; however my love was horsecamping.  We've camped all over Southern California and even a bit of Arizona. 

We still have an old fella left who is probably 27-28 years old, a grey arabian.  We moved from San Diego in June of 2007 when we sold our 3 acre ranch.  At that time we had 3 horses, all older.  2 are now gone and I just had a wall weaving done using the tail hairs from the two we lost.  If we ever stop traveling we might get back into it; but it's very-very hard to have horses and be gone 5-6 months out of the year.  But every once in a while, I sure miss them.

Marsha~

Nice to meet you guys!  I figured there had to be some other horse people here!  I would love to do horse camping...but I'm the only rider in my family.  My husband indulges my hobby and is unbelievably tolerant of my non-stop horse talk  :p

How wonderful that you've been able to keep your horses through the end of their lives...that's a real gift.  I hope mine live as long.

My husbands loves the horses about as much as I do and went with me as much as he could.  At that time he was working lots of hours, so his time was limited.  We even did a couple of pack trips into the mountains; that was really great. When my husband couldn't go with me horsecamping, I had a group of lady friends I would go with; lots of fun.

I've been lucky to have been able to keep mine all these years.  2 of them I got when they were 4, trained them myself.  The other I saved from a the "killer" truck.  He was a delight and so grateful.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom