Thor Presidio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poneal

My parents are contemplating purchasing a Class A diesel.? The local dealer is selling Thor.? Does anyone know anything about the Presidio model.? I beleive it has been out since 2005 although I believe Thor has been around for quite some time.? They are looking at the 39A model with quad slides.? Seems to be very reasonably priced.?

Thanks.

Poneal:

I would definitely stay away from any Thor products.  Somewhere on this forum is mention and some quotes from a thread I started on another forum describing my first hand experiences with test driving Thor motorhomes and my interactions with their national headquarters.  It was a nightmare.  Thor products have very snazzy looking exteriors and interiors, but have real problems with quality control.

Bargain-priced models often look sharp when new but seldom hold up well.  They skimp on both materials and workmanship to get the budget price. RVs are subject to a lot of stress, vibration, etc. as you go down the road and the extra cost of high quality materials and craftmanship are usually worth the price.  But if the low-priced unit is lightly used, i.e. not driven a lot or very far, maybe the tradeoff works.  Maybe...

Back
Top Bottom