Hello from Kansas City Mo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POPROD

Hello everyone...This board sure seems to be the place to go for anything RV...Glad to be in the midst of experience! My significant other & I own a 1994 Coleman Destiny Cedar with A/C and a 1995 Award 723 travel trailer..We have been tenting for years but are fairly new to the RV world.We purchased the Coleman in April of this year and have had it out only twice...The Award trailer was recently purchased from a relative and sits quietly (hopefully) in a covered storage area in Las Vegas as we haven't had the time to retrieve it yet..OK..I want to keep this as short and sweet as possible..I have a roof leak on my Pop up..It seemed to be coming in somewhere around the roof air unit.. a Coleman model 7333a..I checked a few different web sites concerning the removal procedure and I have the unit removed and found a few other areas that need some attention..shouldn't be a problem..BUT!!! In a few of the pictures shown concerning the R&R of the air unit,,( just happened to be the same unit as I have!) they show a metal ring type device sandwiched in the hole between the roof unit and the ceiling /control panel..My guess would be that this" RV AC TENSION BRACKET" as it's referred to would probably prevent the roof and ceiling from deforming when tightening the four thru bolts..quite possibly why mine was leaking...well...mine doesn't have this device..does anyone know if I should have it ?  is this something that some manufacturers use while others don't ? or can I just eternatape the opening to seal the internal foam/wood roof and regasket..any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

Hello neighbor and welcome to The RV Forum.

I don't have an answer for you but I suspect someone will be along who will.  Meanwhile, I just wanted to let you know that you are welcome/encouraged to join our RV related discussions and get to know some of the members.  It is a pretty good bunch. 

Continue to post questions as they arise and take a look at our library.  Good info there too.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome...After reading alot of the questions and answers on this forum..I knew I had landed in good hands..We will certainly stay in touch and we really enjoy reading about everyone's adventures and tips..Have a great day..B&D

Welcome form the other side of the state line. We're in Miami Co.Kansas, If you get down to Hillsdale State Park send us a message, we volenteer there all summer, it would be nice to meet another forum member.

Back
Top Bottom