EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: IRS forcing minimum wage and site income tax charges for workampers?  (Read 15088 times)

AverageBOB

• ---
  • I'm here, where are you?
Re: IRS forcing minimum wage and site income tax charges for workampers?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
I just want it to be known that I officially hate the IRS (Income Removal Service)

GTH... aka : Go to hell
If a pigeon had his brains

It would fly sideways.

skirk55

• ---
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »
I have never made a check out or paid a bill. I do not know federal tax from state tax. I know my wife paid tax. I do not carry money, use a credit card or want money. I put money in the offering basket at church and that is it. The guys at work know this and sometimes kid me but they except it. If I need something to repair the house my wife will go to the store and pays for it. When I need fuel my wife will take care of that. I am not the person to talk about $$$ but I get upset with the way government wastes money. I worked for a local government and I saw what they wast money. I am not cheap I just hate to have money on me. My life is simple and I like it that way.

Irover

• ---
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
 ??? Now Maybe that is why most of the employment for work camper help wanted ads want us to work for site only and a few perks!!! I have seen hours for singles from 20 to 32 per week, couples as high as 30-40 hours. If this is a fact, maybe it is better for BIG BROTHER GOVERMIN  AGENTS TO STEP IN, Maybe places will have to start paying like every other employer does??? I believe things are in for a BIGGER CHANGE AS YEARS GO BY. Irover  :o
Don't ever give up!! keep pushing toward the goal!!!
USAEUR; 1st Armored Div., E Co.123rd Maintenance Btln. 71-74

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
I'm amazed at the number of hours people are willing to work for just a site, but if they are willing, who am I to say it should not be allowed. If both parties agree to the terms, it's a fair labor contract.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

maddog348

• ---
  • Maddog & 'Sunny'
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
skirk55 ~~ NEVER !! wrote a check or paid a bill at age 55. WOW !!  :o :o  Musta married young. ::) ::)
Pam (a.k.a.-Maddog  (driver))
Kate (a.k.a.-One Eyed Old Lady {nagivator))

2 furry copilots ('Charlie' 15# Terrier/X &  'Bella' 10# Min.Schnauzer/X'

2007 Itasca 'Sunova' 26P ~ 2003 Rav4 'toad'(remco tranny pump)

skirk55

• ---
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »
Just turned 18 and never was more than 40 miles from home. My wife grew up with a trailer and she talked me into a pop up then went to Canada for out honeymoon. Due to a mishap with the two poles that supported the bed we had to get rid of it. We purchased our first trailer in 1975.This was it for me! We went from Pa to Calf and back at 20 years old.

I never had any reason to keep money on my and when we grew up where would I spend it. Everything was on the farm. Some things I can not change. Like the cell phone I hate that thing. All I do is look for it and make sure I answer it every day at 5:15PM when my Daughter call me. Who did I ever live? 

Orick

• ---
  • Went Full Time to Half Time but Still Fun Time
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
Due to a mishap with the two poles that supported the bed we had to get rid of it.

skirk55.... I've seen "mishaps" before and what happened to you and your DW in your pop up was MUCH more than a mishap!  8)

Sorry.... just couldn't help myself.

Rick
Rick, Nancy, Peanut, Lola (Westies) & Bailey the Sheltie Dog
2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Ford Explorer Toad

skirk55

• ---
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 06:40:54 PM »
I will never ever own a pop up after that. I can not get over how much better they are now but that day keeps coming back every time I look at one.  :-[

Irover

• ---
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »
 8) Gary, I was replying to the reason for so many campgrounds wanting more hours and giving FHU's, site and some perks, is the reply to the Subject: IRS forcing minimum wage and site income tax charge for WKers. If the campground only rents the site to the  "Public" for say 350.00 and the perks are worth 150.00, then The IRS according to the OP would be based on min. wage and hours worked, not the value of site, FHU's, perks = $500.00, but $7.25 X 30 0r 40 hrs, which my personal reportable income would be.
         Not trying to start a conflict here!!! Just saying; for me, NO WAY as I can work for that minimum wage elsewhere and just pay for my Monthly stay at a campground of my own choice. There are so many variables to the reasons why we do things the way we do. Well!! Happy NEW YEARS and I will keep my comments to my self and voice my opinions on another forum.  Happy 2011!!!
 :D ;) :)
Don't ever give up!! keep pushing toward the goal!!!
USAEUR; 1st Armored Div., E Co.123rd Maintenance Btln. 71-74

Orick

• ---
  • Went Full Time to Half Time but Still Fun Time
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
Irover, I think you misinterpreted something.  It's all good here and I think we're all mostly saying the same thing.

Happy New Year...

Rick
Rick, Nancy, Peanut, Lola (Westies) & Bailey the Sheltie Dog
2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Ford Explorer Toad

skirk55

• ---
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »
I am more concerned about the cost of fuel and the cost of living than a tax on work camping. There will always be a way to get around things so I do not see this as a big thing. I know some people that work all summer for a weedy lot with no grass. I feel bad that that is what they get. But they are happy and that is what life is all about.

rvgrandma

• ---
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »
Having to claim site as part of wages is an age old topic. The IRS to the best of my knowledge have not gone after campgrounds for furnishing free sites in exchange for hours worked. You have to remember if they try to enforce it, they will have to go after the country, state, and federal government too. Afterall, many city, county, state and federal campgrounds furnish full or partial hookups to their camp host and no 1099 is issued for their value. I would not go panicking over it - relax your workamping days. Remember if no 1099 is issued, the government can't come after you.

Hosted by Over The Network