06 Red Hat Quartzsite to do list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Dear Fellow Forum Floozies and all newly awaiting Floozies,

A planning committee has met. ((Well we exchanged a few emails)  In the interest of world concerns, we decided to be community minded and RECYCLE, REUSE AND REGIFT this year at our event.

This means we will have a gift exchange  of something that you previously owned or received as a gift.  The tackier the better.  Tacky gift wrap, tacky contents.  If you must buy something "new" make it a special you found at the flea markets in Quartzsite. ($5 limit) It will be a Chinese auction type of exchange.

We will hold a tea.  For those of you who wanted lunch, bring your own sandwich. :)  We will set the date near the potluck so as many as possible can attend.  Maybe the Friday the 27  before the potluck on the 28.  But that date is still flexible.

For all the guys who read this, pass on this message to The Red Hatter in your family.

Betty
the organizer

Betty Brewer said:
Dear Fellow Forum Floozies and all newly awaiting Floozies,
A planning committee has met. ((Well we exchanged a few emails)? In the interest of world concerns, we decided to be community minded and RECYCLE, REUSE AND REGIFT this year at our event. This means we will have a gift exchange? of something that you previously owned or received as a gift.? The tackier the better.? Tacky gift wrap, tacky contents.? If you must buy something "new" make it a special you found at the flea markets in Quartzsite. ($5 limit) It will be a Chinese auction type of exchange.We will hold a tea.? For those of you who wanted lunch, bring your own sandwich. :)? We will set the date near the potluck so as many as possible can attend.? Maybe the Friday the 27? before the potluck on the 28.? But that date is still flexible. For all the guys who read this, pass on this message to The Red Hatter in your family.Betty

Hey there all girlfriends,
Just a reminder to think of a tacky gift to bring to our  red hat tea and to use ugly wrap.  This should be a no stress activity.  If you are worried about what to bring, you are over thinking it. We will hold a tea and you can bring anything.  No rules...girls just wanna have fun. 
Betty

Got napkins and table cloth, got tacky gift (haven't found wrap yet) told Lucy A about the plans so she will be on board.  I will have extra red hats for those who don't get the message.

Ellen Spiller

Will just be bringing our (mine & Roper) minimalist red hats due to cargo space... He's a cross-dresser.

lucyakers said:
Will just be bringing our (mine & Roper) minimalist red hats due to cargo space... He's a cross-dresser.

Boy does that give me ideas for entertainment!

BB

Betty Brewer said:
Boy does that give me ideas for entertainment!

Maybe the guys can take a drive over to Blythe and have lunch while the Red Hat Event is going on.  :)

LOL Jim, you're keeping a safe distance. I can't wait to see what Betty does with the Hot Lips Puckers.

Sweet Darlene's may not be far enough, how about Yuma? :)

Ned said:
Sweet Darlene's may not be far enough, how about Yuma? :)

OK, my lunch trip may be to Blythe.

The question is how large is Sweet Darlene's?  How many people will it hold?  I am not suggesting the guys go to Sweet Darlene's.  Another group I am in has suggested a meeting there.

Phil

Phil said:

The question is how large is Sweet Darlene's?? How many people will it hold?? I am not suggesting the guys go to Sweet Darlene's.? Another group I am in has suggested a meeting there.

Phil

I would guess at least 75.

Sweet Darlene's is now a permanent bldg and is said to have 1/3 less seats.

rhmahoney said:
Sweet Darlene's is now a permanent bldg and is said to have 1/3 less seats.

Yea the darn city fathers insisted they ruin the place.  Was the metal building last time we were there but I think they still have at least room for 75 or more.

Phil said:

The question is how large is Sweet Darlene's?  How many people will it hold?  I am not suggesting the guys go to Sweet Darlene's.  Another group I am in has suggested a meeting there.

Phil

Phil,

Was at Sweet Darlene's tonight for their fish fry. The subject came up about how many they could sit compaired to before. Counted the tables and figured they could sit about 150 to 160.

Oh, by the way, the fish was very good.

Back
Top Bottom