Question for Monaco or Cummins techs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Chet. To facilitate accessibility and easy maintenance, they mounted the filter remotely, requiring longer hoses and a remote mounting bracket. If they wanted to save money, they could have omitted that stuff and mounted the filter right on the side of the block. But I wouldn't have been a happy camper if they'd done that.

I am curiuos as to the year and modrl monaco as I have never seen a remote coolant filter

It's a 2003 Camelot.

rtaylor said:
...I have never seen a remote coolant filter

Neither had the Monaco factory service center folks. The tech support guy on the phone didn't believe it, then he brought a service center "chassis" guy on the line. This guy was convinced it was a fuel filter until I read out the filter number and the words written on the filter "Coolant filter". Then he was convinced, but didn't have a better answer than "use clamps on the hoses".

FWIW my relative has seen it on most of the trucks he's worked on.

>>I have never seen a remote coolant filter<<

Attached pic shows one on my Magna...It is the short yellow filter on the left with the two gate valves.  The other two filters are for fuel.

Attachments

• Service Bay (Small).JPG
    Service Bay (Small).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
Terry,

They really made it easy to change those filters on your coach. Is that the air filter service indicator I see on the far left, hald way down the photo?

Tom

>> Is that the air filter service indicator I see on the far left, hald way down the photo?<<

Yes...It is a very easy coach to work on, thats why I do most of the preventative maintenance.

I do most of the coach maintenance too, but I wish our coach was that easy to work on.

Tom did you buy your coach new or used because your filter was a topic of discussion in our shop yesterday. Some of use think if it was bought used and that the previous owner might have added that setup because none of us have ever seen that, though as a chassis tech it would be a nice feature when doing services. I hate when anti freeze runs down my arm ;D

I bought it new, but off a dealer's lot. Relocating the coolant filter would appear to be have been done by Roadmaster (Monaco's chassis division). Had they left it attached to the block, next to the oil filter, I can see that it would be almost impossible to remove. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of this situation prior to touring the Roadmaster plant, or I would have asked about it. Next time I see another Camelot in a campground I should ask the owner if I could look in the rear compartment to see where the coolant filter is located.

Better yet Tom  take a pic of it and then you have a basis to ream Monaco when they tell you differently.

Shayne, I plan to snap a couple of photos to upload here next time I take the coach out of storage. I'll be under there replacing the bad oil pressure sender anyway.

I do recall following the lines back to where they were attached to the block and realizing I couldn't have removed the coolant filter if it had been in the original (Cummins) position. I was under a friend's Monaco Windsor when he changed his coolant filter, which was in the "normal" position on the block, and observed he had a lot more room around that location.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom