Dinette Table Removal Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
My 2006 Fleetwood Expedition has the dinette table that has a support leg that attaches with screws on the aisle side. It then attaches to the wall with some kind of bracket that I cannot fathom. I cannot really tell if there is some kind of slide lock on it, or ???? It almost looks like some kind of I-bracket but it's hard to say.

I want to remove the dinette and change the configuration of the table top to support me working from the aisle as opposed to the seats. I would expand the table top across the 60 inches or so of space, and that would give me what I need for work surface.

I would like to use the original mounting configuration with support if needed but I do not understand how it actually connects and don't want to start ripping things out without knowing that.

Hopefully, some understands this configuration better than I and can offer a solution. I thought it might have been originally intended to break down easily for more sleeping space, but maybe not.

my table has 2 L brackets attached to the wall and an angled support from the opposite end of the table secured to the wall. Beats the heck out of those vertical floor supports. Perhaps yours is connected that way.

It sounds like the table my parents had in their trailer.  If that is the case, you grab the end of the table from the aisle, you lift the table top until it is at about a 45 degree angle, then you can lift it off from the wall. 

Reverse the procedure to put it back.

Marc,

I think I will get all my computer stuff off the table and try something like that. I almost looks like it could slide left or right and unhitch, but the 45 degree thing would make more sense.

Stay tuned! This is not rocket science, but I also don't want to end up on "Jackass", either.

I had a table on my boat that was like that  easy to get off when lifted  Not so easy yo put back
Good luck
H

We took the dinnette out of the little class C we remodeled, and I'm really leaning toward taking it out of the class A also.  It would be so nice to have the floor space and maybe one of the euro recliners.  We can then use one of those endtables that make a table or some other configuration for our computers. 

I like the idea of what others are doing.  Putting the table longways is a great idea though I might want to slim it down so it can be used as a table/shelf and still accomdate another chair. Have to think on it a bit.

We had the same table in our Allegro Bus,  You can lift the table right out of the wall brackets, by lifting up at an angle.  The table will pop right out and FALL DOWN  :D hold on .  The table then rests down on runners on the bench to make into a bed. 

We actually removed the entire dinette (seats and table) to put in a new table that pulls out of a credenza.  I have pictures if you are interested; but it sounds like you are wanting to run the table front to back.  Would a small desk work that would fit right into that space work?  Then you could get a comfortable chair that would just slide into the desk area?

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
We had the same table in our Allegro Bus,  You can lift the table right out of the wall brackets, by lifting up at an angle.  The table will pop right out and FALL DOWN  :D hold on .  The table then rests down on runners on the bench to make into a bed. 

We actually removed the entire dinette (seats and table) to put in a new table that pulls out of a credenza.  I have pictures if you are interested; but it sounds like you are wanting to run the table front to back.  Would a small desk work that would fit right into that space work?  Then you could get a comfortable chair that would just slide into the desk area?

Marsha~

I'll wager that you are correct... it converts to a bed if you know how to do it.  That's what ours does but I forget how it works.  The apparatus on the wall is attached by screws so that could be removed and replaced with "shelf brackets" if you want a stable, permanent position... or if you want to move it.  The aft bench seat also probably has seat belts somewhere underneath which you'll need to accommodate.  The forward bench seat could come out easier if you want another chair.  I might do this someday, so if you go ahead, please post some pics and thoughts.

thx,G.

Marsha/CA said:

Marsha~

Marsha:
I would be interested in the pictures, please.

Marsha, me three!

I met a couple in ABQ last month who converted theirs to house a full size electronic piano keyboard that slide away and left a quilting table!!! I have a picture that I will add to this post. It was pretty amazing!

Kim

Ok...here ya go.  First off we had the dinette and couch removed.  The work was done by Davis Cabinetry in Junction City, OR. 

Dinette Area:  They put in a credenza along the wall where the dinette was, took the old table top inserted the end into a slot in the credenza that would slide out making the table as big as it was in the old dinette.  When not in use it slides back in leaving about 2/3 of the table usable.  On the left of the dinette, they put in 4 shelves  The top shelf is where my husband has his computer, the bottom is for the printer, the rest hold paper etc.  All the shelves pull out and are hidden behind 2 cabinet doors.

Living Area:  They pulled the couch out and put a lower credenze along the wall with 3 file cabinets underneath.  At the corner they put a computer desk for me.  The drawer slides out and my computer can be used or pushed back into the cabinet.  At the side of the cabinet are 3 drawers, 2 for smaller things, one for a printer. 

When we decided to do this I was really worried I'd loose a lot of storage; but I actually have more and it opened up the coach immensely.  We don't have a couch, but don't miss it.

We also had some work done on the other side behind the passenger seat, a smaller credenza that holds books and a large wine rack.  It was a pricey moderation; but cheaper than a new coach... ;D

Marsha~

Attachments

• BeforeDavis.jpg
    BeforeDavis.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DadComArea.jpg
    DadComArea.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 82
  • CornerCompDsk.jpg
    CornerCompDsk.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 86
  • FinishedProject.jpg
    FinishedProject.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 86
  • NewInstall1.jpg
    NewInstall1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 88
Marsha, do you use your front entertainment center much? I can not picture if the two of you can see the entertainment center at the same time. That is what is holding us back from removing our queen size hide-a-bed/sofa.

I sure do like your solution, too!

Kim,

Yes, we use our front entertainment center all the time.  Our TV is right in the middle of the coach.  I can see everything from my chair area.  We have a "super slide" which is deep and long, no problem.

Marsha~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom