2003 Itasca Sunrise - Replacing a VCR with DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahobgood

My RV has a VCR connected to the Video Selection Center by two coax cables.

I want to replace the VCR with a DVD player but haven't been able to find a DVD player with coax output/input.  They all have the video

composite video cables (red, yellow, white) so I assume I need an RF Modulator that provides composite video input and coax cable output.

Does anyone have a particular brand/model number to recommend?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure that it will make much difference which modulator you purchase. 

We have some almost un-noticeable lines on the TV screen when watching a DVD.  Clearly, they are power related.  In our 2002 Sunrise, the TV and other A/V equip in the cabinet with the video selector are powered by the inverter.  I am convinced that the lines are generated by the inverter.  I have not yet tried to determine if it is the DVD player or the modulator that is causing the problem.   

If you look around yard sales or ebay for an older DVD player, from the days before HD, it will have coax outputs.  A combined VCR & DVD is typically equipped that way too.

ahobgood said:
I want to replace the VCR with a DVD player but haven't been able to find a DVD player with coax output/input.  They all have the video
composite video cables (red, yellow, white) so I assume I need an RF Modulator that provides composite video input and coax cable output.

Check your TV as it should have the composite inputs as most TVs do if built since sometime in the '90s.  that will solve the problem and give you a better picture.  that is what we have done at the house and it works fine.  No player of either type in the MH as I removed the VCR and never replaced it.  I may just use a small computer with a large HD and a CD read write drive.  Got to get a "rountuit" one of these days.  Probably when I upgrade to the HDTV.

To close this.

I bought an RF Modulator from Best Buy.

Composite video output from DVD player to Modulator, coax from Modulator to VCR connection on back of switching system.

Works fine.

Allan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom