Is it OK to dump "gray water" on the ground?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carl L said:
Does your city post cops to assist pedestrians on rain slick sidewalks lest the slip and fall into the roaring traffic just a couple of feet away?    Think the Park Service Rangers as Smokey the Cops.
City? our county is larger than RI and has 30,000 residents, 5,000 in nearest town; Roaring Traffic? you mean the 50 cars a day that come down the hiway; a few feet away?  you mean 1/2 mile away; Cops? you mean the State Policeman that covers 100 sq miles around here...Pedestrians?  yes, we walk to the mailbox a mile from here daily. 

in2adventure said:
The 5000lb Crown Vic is not to JUST patrol campgrounds. They are to chase down road criminals, haul jerks off to jail, etc. Like I said earlier, we are FEDERAL LE, and have a whole lot more responsibilities than rolling through a campground and chasing people with open coolers  ::) The poacher we caught last week would agree with me  8)

I said, "maybe" why isn't that ok? ???--- besides my stepson, Captn in ABQ Sheriff's dept, drives one on the SWAT squad so I know how they are used.  He told me the "new" standard from Ford is a Fusion Model.  Crown Vics are dinosaurs. 

in2adventure said:
Watch the new Ken Burns collection about the national parks. The story behind the dam is an interesting one. IMO, it should NOT be there. One more of mankind's fetishes for control gone bad. We will exterminate outselves soon enough and the next species will come along to see our mess and just think "(what the heck)!?"

I saw it twice.  Ken Burns has his own agenda, just like Michael Moore.  Nice photography though.  I wish he'd stick to the history and keep his politics to himself. 

Which of mankind's fetishes do you judge as being "good"? 

Exterminations--- yes, there have been 7 or 8 known mass exterminations... there will probably be more no matter what we do... Mother Earth can take care of herself pretty well if the last 4 Billion years are any indication.

Maybe the next species will be blind and mindless, who knows?  I hope they don't dump "gray" or shower water on the ground though.

Guess I hang out in remote National Parks - 90% of the Rangers I see are driving SUVs. No Crown Vic is going to go patrolling Titus Canyon.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Guess I hang out in remote National Parks - 90% of the Rangers I see are driving SUVs. No Crown Vic is going to go patrolling Titus Canyon.

Wendy

Or horses!  A lot of places still use horses, especially in the single track trails of remote regions.  I guess horse "water" is ok to leave on the ground.

Ummmm....what happened to the original topic?

I do NOT want to come into a camp site that had just been vacated by someone that dumped their gray water on the ground.  Don't really want to walk in their waste and especially don't want my grandchildren or pets near it since I would have no idea what was in it.  Is it really that difficult to find a dump station?

We were in Arizona last year  5 yrs of drought we heard  any water on the ground was gone in minutes. especially the dogs water  :) Even when it rained overnight the ground was dry in the morning.
Seems in those conditions grey water would be better than nothing , but I agree no dumping in parks and campgrounds although we did water some bushes with dish water  ohhh  bad bad  but the bush liked it .
H

LOOK SEE all that heat Donna and I took at Quartzsite last winter about bringing all that rain.  It was really Foxy from BC hiding in the bushes, doing a rain dance with the wash pan.  After all, BC is noted for more rain than is NS.  Thank's Howard for taking the pressure off of us, so that we can come back to Q if/when we come west again.

Ed

Ed NO PROBLEM we will take the heat....hope you visit out west again, there is a cold one waiting for you in our fridge,,, Rain brings flowers and turns the grass green  as you know .... can't be all bad except for the web feet we would get if we stayed home and wintered here on the coast
Howard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom