Journey plumbing issue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2dalake

We're on a full hook up site with my water input selector set to 'city water.'  However, even as we have good water pressure in the coach, the fresh water tank is slowly filling to overflow (a neighbor told me I had water leaking from under the coach).

So, I got a new 'city water/water tank fill' selector valve from a local Winne dealer here and replaced it today.  However, the problem persists.  Another camper here suggested the check valve in my Shurflo pump may be malfunctioning allowing water to flow simultaneously to the coach and to the fresh water tank.  The pump is fairly new and works fine otherwise.  If I install a check valve in the inlet line to the pump, would think that would cure the problem. 

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Check your outside shower valves. I have heard that if those are not turned off tight they can leak back into the tank. You may not notice that they are loose due to the shut off valve on the shower head. That can also reduce pressure and drain off hot water from the tank. 

Gary - print a copy of your plumbing diagram and use a highlighter trace out your cold side - you should be able to spot the likely suspects.  I've heard of the outside shower causing problems if the valves are open, but I think that caused a lack of hot water (or not  ???.)

I too would suspect the check valve in the pump - it is one of the few things that isolates the tank from the high pressure side.  Have you run the pump lately? Sometimes a bit of sand or debris gets into the check valve and just holds it open a bit. Using water from the tank via the pump may flush it out.

As suggested, I ran the pump and used water from the tank all day yesterday.  Switched back to city water late last night and as of noon today, water level in the holding tank has not changed.  So, maybe I did have some crud holding the check valve in the pump open. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom