1998 WINNIE ITASCA 454 POWERPLANT???????? ISSUES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogman

NEWBIE WITH SOME ISSUES:

1. Cooling fan not spinning, CONNECTED PLUGS AND IT WILL FREE SPIN SLOWLY AND STOP WHEN TRYING TO MAKE IT SPIN WITH A SCREW DRIVER. Any ideas if fan is defective?
2. Purging Water Tank. PURGED AND NOTICED WATER DRIPPING / LEAKING ON GAS TANK, SUSPECT CRACK IN PLUMBING?
3. Horn. Disconnected and need to know which color within the harness going to floor is the horn wire?

Thanks,
Dogman

Hi and welcome!

Can you be more specific about what model you have (an Itasca what?)

1) Cooling fan - is this the engine fan or an air conditioner?

2) Purging water tank?  What does that mean, you completely filled it up and it started leaking?

3) You most likely need to find a chassis wiring diagram, or somebody with an identical model that would trace out their wiring, or perhaps Winnie Owner Relations can tell you

Dear John, I am surprised you would give advice like that to a first time member/poster.

His/hers symptoms are so vague that no one could diagnose any problem, if any.

What do you think Winnebago would say with symptoms like that?

I hope he/she can provide info with much more information for us to evaluate his specific problems. 

Just had to vent my opinion..

Carson

Hello Gogman

I'm new here.

For your Horn, I may have a solution. It take some times but it will work.
1 - You have to have access to the wire under you horn cap (On steering wheel).
2 - You have to have access to the wire harness were you want to connect your horn.
3 - Disconnect your battery. If there is power, you may damage your Ohm meter.
4 - With a Ohm meter connect one wire to the wire under your horn cap and the other one to each wire in the harness until you get a reading, begin with the wire who seems to be the same color. Once you get a reading, you have your wire.

You may E-mail me, i don't go often on forums.

Hope it helps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom