Trailer types?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Confused by the variety of trailers? Check out our illustrated file of RV types for an explanation. To view the file, click the Library button in the toolbar above, then click Newcomers need to know.

Can't see the Library button? You need to register and log into the forum.

Hi Tom.  I think this post originated in 2010?  I can't find it today in 2016.  Can you help please?  Thanks so much.
Betsy

Wait!  Please cancel that request.  I just found it, of course.  :)

It's also available via the Resources button in the menu above.

Great question.  I was looking to purchase this really Gran Design Solitude with the VIN# 573FS4328G1106041 that I seen in a FSBO website, but I was unable to locate the information that would tell me exactly what kind of unit it is.  One place said it was a camper/trailer, one said fifth wheel, still another said 'Othr'.  As you know, there is NO such model or trailer style for 'Othr' (lol).  Heck, I can't even be sure about whether or not  the spelling of the trailer Make and Model was right, so I want to be sure.  Help in identifying this type of trailer would be much appreciated, it seems like a GREAT deal and I do NOT want to miss out on it.  I need a fifth wheel trailer.  Thank you in advance....great thread!

MillenniumJim said:
Great question.  I was looking to purchase this really Gran Design Solitude with the VIN# 573FS4328G1106041 that I seen in a FSBO website, but I was unable to locate the information that would tell me exactly what kind of unit it is.  One place said it was a camper/trailer, one said fifth wheel, still another said 'Othr'.  As you know, there is NO such model or trailer style for 'Othr' (lol).  Heck, I can't even be sure about whether or not  the spelling of the trailer Make and Model was right, so I want to be sure.  Help in identifying this type of trailer would be much appreciated, it seems like a GREAT deal and I do NOT want to miss out on it.  I need a fifth wheel trailer.  Thank you in advance....great thread!
Contact the manufacturer for information on the VIN. Make sure it is a real offer.  FSBOs are known for scams where a unit is posted at a low price then when you are interested they tell you they need a cashier's check and the unit is unavailable for inspection for some odd reason.

It's a fifth wheel which is within the broader class of trailers.

ArdraF

How did this get here? :) There is a duplicate post about the Grand Design VIN # here:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,106935.msg962426.html#msg962426

I just bought a 2006 Pilgrim 265se.  I am new at this. Wanting any info on this trailer. I know nothing.

Hard to know where to start. Water, sewer and electrical systems, battery & 120 v "shore" power.  Tires and brakes, hitch and tow vehicle, and on and on.

Suggest you look at the many articles in the RVForum Library (button on menu bar above), especially the section called Newcomers Need to Know.

Back
Top Bottom