Death Valley Rally Feb 2, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Mike and I are going to Death Valley after Quartzsite and would love to have others join us. The weather WILL cooperate this year and we'll visit Titus Canyon and the Racetrack, among other places. We'll probably leave Quartzsite after the RV show and spend a day or two in Pahrump doing laundry and picking up groceries. So it you're interested, mark it on your calendar.

Wendy

Wendy,

It is my year to plan what we do so, Brewers  are in, BUT could you please include  the dates, Maybe in title of  thread?

Betty

RV show and FMCA Quartzsite Rally end Sunday 1/31. So let's say February 2 for the beginning of the DV Rally at Sunset Campground.

Curt and I would love to go. We could only go for the weekend . Do you plan to stay into the weekend?

Mike and I will be in Death Valley until our Coca-Cola convention in Las Vegas on Feb 10-13 and we'll probably go back to DV after the convention.

When we were in Death Valley 3 years ago, there was Verizon reception but the towers were analog so you only got reception if you had an old analog phone. Recently, someone said that they got out on Verizon last year with a digital phone. Don't know if it's strong enough for data service since we use our rooftop HughesNet. They do have free wifi by the visitor center.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Mike and I will be in Death Valley until our Coca-Cola convention in Las Vegas on Feb 10-13 and we'll probably go back to DV after the convention.

When we were in Death Valley 3 years ago, there was Verizon reception but the towers were analog so you only got reception if you had an old analog phone. Recently, someone said that they got out on Verizon last year with a digital phone. Don't know if it's strong enough for data service since we use our rooftop HughesNet. They do have free wifi by the visitor center.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy!  We are looking for new places to go, and new things to do this winter.

Paul

Fill up B4 you get to DV... last spring when we were there, regular unleaded cost $4.59/gallon.  Who knows what diesel would cost...  LOL, on a motorcycle, we were "happy" to pay their price just to get some gas.  Oh, and water was $6/gallon...

just kidding about the water.

Jerry and Ardra are in too!  Sounds like fun - especially if Wendy promises it will NOT rain!  ;D  We've never seen the Race Track so that would be a good event.  Last time we were there was several years ago during the "100 year bloom" when the valley floor was covered with water and acres of flowers were in bloom.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Last time we were there was several years ago during the "100 year bloom" when the valley floor was covered with water and acres of flowers were in bloom.

That was a special year and something none of us will ever see again. But it took all that nasty rain to bring on those flowers. This winter we're ordering no rain in Death Valley and a crappy wildflower year :)

Wendy

So I guess you're saying we can't have our flowers and sunshine too!

ArdraF

We never made to Death Valley last year as planned.  (Weather related - something about flooding)  So we'll plan on this year!

Back
Top Bottom