Death Valley Rally Feb 2, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I got my tow to Pahrump.  What a comedy of errors!

Coachnet, to their credit, sent a 40 ft. tilting flatbed.  However, they completely misunderstood where I was and sent the driver north of Beatty.  I was at the rest area just north of the Beatty cut-off on Scottys Castle Rd.  I called it in at 11:00 and the truck didn't arrive until 4:00 PM.

Of course, that meant the shop was closed when we got to Pahrump, so the tow company took the motorhome to their storage yard and locked it away overnight.  I checked into a motel.  Inspection the next day showed the rear brakes were completely worn out, in the mechanic's words they looked like the originals.  That's not right, as I had Les Schwab in Everett completely go through the braking system when I got the coach, replacing all 4 rotors, pads, master cylinder, etc.  Now all I have to do is find the receipt.  The front brakes were reasonable.

What happened is the right rear caliper piston cracked and spilled all of the rear hydraulic fluid.  Being Pahrump, parts aren't available until Monday so I'm motelling it until then.

I'm starting to remember the advantages of a towable.  :(

I am glad you are getting this problem solved. I am sorry it is taking so long, but at least CoachNet didn't send someone from Bridgeport.

How much did that brake job at Schwabs cost you?

Lou,

I am relieved that you are off the side of the road.  I'm sure the fix will be costly but you are safe and that is a good thing.  I'll bet you WILL find that Les Schwab receipt.  Maybe they keep duplicate records?  Anyway  good luck.
Betty

Tom - it wasn't cheap, about the cost of your motorhome.  Just part of the purchase price to avoid situations like this.

Thanks for checking in Lou.  Glad you're safely tucked in at Pahrump and not stuck in the middle of nowhere!

ArdraF

Lou Schneider said:
Tom - it wasn't cheap, about the cost of your motorhome.  Just part of the purchase price to avoid situations like this.
That's what I thought. I am planning on doing the same thing when I get my next motorhome. I agree, it is great insurance. I hope you get going soon.

A little late but I thought I post some pics from our Racetrack trip.
Mike

Attachments

• RacetrackGrandstandPano2.jpg
    RacetrackGrandstandPano2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 18
  • RacetrackGrandstandPano3.jpg
    RacetrackGrandstandPano3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 16
  • RaceTrackPano1.jpg
    RaceTrackPano1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
  • RaceTrackPano2.jpg