Death Valley Rally Feb 2, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seilerbird said:
Which camera are you currently using?

Canon SX20 is my primary camera (virtually 100% of my use), but I'll probably bring along the Canon 450D (Rebel XSi) also.

checked out Mesquite Spring on another campground website and it said NO RV's?? Any truth to that?

jackm said:
checked out Mesquite Spring on another campground website and it said NO RV's?? Any truth to that?
If they did not allow RVs then why would they have a dump station?

jackm said:
That was my first thought, but thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure
"elh3946 posted this on the camping forum (4/19/09): I came across your review of Mesquite Springs Campground in Death Valley National Park and was surprised at your comment, ""It's the only one in the main valley that does not allow RVs."" I think that would come as a shock to all the people, including us, who camp at this campground in an RV! :) We've camped here numerous times in RVs as do many, many other people. There are no prohibitions against RVs in this campground, and, in fact, it has a dump station just for RVs."

Thanks Tom, believe that was the website I read.  Probably a camping website that doesn't particularly enjoy sharing the area with RV's. Anyway, we will check it out on our way down to AZ.

jackm said:
That was my first thought, but thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure

We know FOR SURE. We've stayed there in a 28-foot Class A, my parents have stayed there in a 35-foot 5th wheel, I've seen every size and style of RV there. Mike and I lived in Death Valley when he was a ranger at Scotty's Castle. I used to cruise through Mesquite with the law enforcement rangers on patrol. you can get just about any size RV in Mesquite, so long as you don't want hookups.

I believe Wildrose is the one that doesn't allow RVs and you couldn't get an RV up there anyway, especially this time of year.

Wendy

Well Terry and I got our usual late start out of Quartzsite on our way to Terribles in Parumph.  We got as far as Plamosa Road and he pulled off into a wide  spot on side of road announcing he did not feel well. .  So in  1/2 hour we found as many medications as we could in our rig  that fit his symptoms.  He grumbled about the taste but complied.  So we sat a bit more  wondering if we should go on or stay?  We decided we were pretty close to our home in Yuma so we headed home. I did  laundry and  lots of dusting of Quartzsite dirt. I picked up our mail.  I went to grocery store.  By the time I got home he had had a long shower and reported feeling much better! 

So the plan is to see how he feels in morning and  head out early.  Neither of us want to miss Death Valley trip this year.  Quartzsite dirt/dust can cause  one to  feel poorly.  At least that is what we hope.  Or was it too much potluck?

Terribles did not charge us for the cancelled reservation.  Thank you to them .  I'll keep you posted.

Betty

r

I just got back from taking Tarry to the local clinic.  Head to the pharmacy in the morning to get the scripts filled and cross my fingers it helps.  Hope Terry is better tomorrow and you all can hit the road.

Here's wishing that both Tarry and Terry will be well.

LOL Jeff. I had that same thought when I read those messages.

Aye, Jeff. But we survived the Typhoon of QZ 2010 in Tom's storm tossed sampan.

Wendy, I still wish you had put out your raft and had a picture taken of you and Mike floating down the water filled draw behind the fire pit towards the white caps in the wash!

seilerbird said:
The Superbowl is on Sunday afternoon, but other than that you can have me for the whole weekend.

Thanks I will take you up on that.  Where will you be staying at the weekend of the 5th. ?

Wendy said:
RV show and FMCA Quartzsite Rally end Sunday 1/31. So let's say February 2 for the beginning of the DV Rally at Sunset Campground.
Wendy, Are you going to stay at Sunset the weekend of the 5Th. ? My husband is still working on our dune buggy so we don't
have a toad yet. What campground would you recommend that is close to walk and explore?

We'll be at Sunset campground until the 4th. No plans beyond that. Sunset or Furnace Creek campgrounds are both walking distance to the temporary visitor center and the Furnace Creek Ranch area where there's a general store, bar, restaurant and golf course. You can walk to Harmony Borax from there, too. Anything else is a bit further away.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom