Help Please - 96 Bounder sitting for 4 years!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

direwolf57

Hello,

I need some advice from more experienced RVers on this.

I bought my Chevy Bounder new in 96 and used and maintained it faithfully for the first ten years. Well, circumstances were such that it has sat unused since. All I have done is start the engine up every month or so. I also exercised the generator until it stopped starting over a year ago. The fridge will not stay on along with other issues. Under the hood, the plastic coolant resevoir has cracked into pieces (live in So. Cal desert) ..and so on!

So, first I should admit that I'm the least "handy" person I know so fixing these things on my own is not an option. I loved this rig and want to get it up and going again. My problem is how and where to get all systems evaluated and repaired. I don't mind paying the going rate for honest work but I fear being "taken to the cleaners" if you get what I mean!

The other thing I'm wondering is if I should just sell it after fixing it, considering it's age and my lack of skills. I'm planning on getting a newer truck/trailer set up soon anyway.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

I have the plastic reservoir and I can repair most RV systems. P.M. me if you are interested in my services.
J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom