Gary Lee Obituary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

george jannini

Many of y'all remember Gary from back in the Compuserve days:

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/12/gary-lee-one-of-52-held-hostage-by-iran-in-the/

Thanks for posting that, George.  We fondly remember Gary Lee and Mr. V. 

Margi

What sad news, many of us will remember Gary as a friend and fellow RVer.

Thanks for posting it.  Yes a sad day.

We were planning on stopping in Fulton and may still do so.  I found Gary in a campground in VA many years ago when I saw a Trek with a blue Tracker parked beside it.  Spent an afternoon with Gary just talking and drinking beer.  I am sorry I had not kept in touch through the years.

Gary Lee, "The Gray Ghost," was quite a man. I knew him from the RV Forum on Compuserve. In '95 he served as one of my scouts for an RV park from Casper WY to Ruidoso NM, I was the Wagonmaster for the 1st RVF Centermost Rally that the forum hosted. Estes Park was chosen. He and Mr V will be long remembered.

Gary had the quiet faith of his missionary parents, their multi cultural skills and their commitment to service. Hr didn't realize that until one night over drinks while he was staying in our yard, I pointed out that they served in organized religion an he sered as a Foreign Service Officer, both ways of serving others that required loyalty and commitment.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

For those that didn't have the pleasure of knowing Gary, here's a picture of him and Mr. V in better times.

Attachments

• Gary Lee & Mr. V.jpg
    Gary Lee & Mr. V.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
I think we need to remember Gary and Mr. V in a special way at QZ in January. . .  there will be no formal rembrance service for him.

Gary has been added to our Remembering Friends page. Thanks to George for the report, Ned for the photo, and Bob for the appropriate words.

Jack and I are quite stunned by this news. We were quite fond of Gary and Mr. Valentine. And to think that for many years, he was located in Fulton, TX. I wish that I had tried a little harder to find him.  :'(  :'(  Another opportunity lost.

Rest in peace, Gary.

Jack and Liz Pearce

Gary Lee and Joe Lacey were the first forum members that Sheila and I met. It was at the Hersey RV show back in 1994, before Gary bought his Treke. We went to dinner and got to know Gary and learned a little about his past. As often happens with forum folks, we talked about RVs.

We will miss Gary

I remember Gary and Mr. V.  My favorite story was when he was having the RV serviced and Mr V got out and situated himself in the undercarriage of the RV.  Gary wouln't let them mive the RV till Mr V got out some hours later.  I never had the chance to meet him, but remember him fondly.  Now he can thank Pres Reagan again.

This is sad news. I met Gary at the 1st Centermost rally in Colorado. We spent some time talking about his experience as a captive in Iran. He was a good guy and will be missed.

I remember Gary & Mister V from QZ. It's a sad day for sure. Mr. V would crawl up in the bed of their Trek and Gary would not drive away until he got out. It was the bed that came down from the ceiling. Can't remember the actual name.

I've often wondered what happened to him. I remember he did spend time helping his daughter with her business. It's a shame she isn't doing something for him.

Tom said:
Gary has been added to our Remembering Friends page. Thanks to George for the report, Ned for the photo, and Bob for the appropriate words.

I didn't know about that page.  I shed a tear or two reading and remembering.

We met Gary (& Joe Lacey) at the happening Shelia mentioned.  I visited Gary in Arlington, VA while he was moving into the Trek.  He had a foot locker for those things he didn't need but was going to leave with his daughter.  There were a few metals there in the presentation cases but you could see most of the bottom of the foot locker.

Another legend gone.

Joel

[quote author=joelmyer]I didn't know about that page.  I shed a tear or two reading and remembering.[/quote]

I too get sad every time I read it Joel, and even sadder every time I add someone to it.

Fred and I are both saddened to hear this news.  We, too, had lost track of his whereabouts, and was sorry when he and Mr. V. no longer came to QZ.  One of my favorites mental pictures of him was coming out to morning coffee, wrapped in his gold colored "serape".  RIP Gary!

Daisy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom