Lenovo about to roll over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

I've noticed my Lenovo laptop has been opening hard for the past week.  Yesterday, I tried to put a squirt of silicon on the hinges, however tonight when I tried to open it to log on, the screen wouldn't move, and the base of the laptop was cracked at the hinge.  My son in law and I took it apart, I lubricated the hinge, and was able to get the hinge to move enough to open it.  But, I'd say that its days as a laptop are numbered.
    With all the high tech parts on a laptop, it is amazing that a 50 cent part has made it effectively useless.  :eek:

Ed

A computer is a very expensive collection of inexpensive parts.

The hinges are easily replaced.. But I would try working lubrication into one of them.. I think it is the left hinge,, But work at it some and you may find joy.

Use a good dry lube.

If all else fails.. Ship it to me.. I'll find a use for at least parts of it :)

Hook up an external monitor, keyboard and mouse and continue to use as a small desktop.

With us leaving next week, I bit the bullet today and bought an HP Pavilion G62-358, with an Intel I3-370, 4BB RAM & a 500 GB Hard Drive @ 7200 RPM.  All this for less than I paid for the Lenovo over 3 years ago.  Now, all I have to do is figure out how to replace all the software that is on the old puter, which will replace my old desktop, but connected to a keyboard and a flat screen monitor.

Ed

Ed,
Computer buying must be in the air, just ordered a laptop workstation. Should be fun Dell Precision M6500 Mobile Workstation, Genuine Windows? 7 Professional, 32-bit, with XP Mode Installed,
Not sure all this in my hands is useful but our IT guy said its all the rage.
Jim

Well Jim, this is the second laptop we have bought in 3 months.  With all of the genealogical information that Donna got while we were in Salt Lake City, we were constantly fighting over computer use, so, she went out and got her own.  She is on it most waking hours, even never took it off her lap on the 14 hour trip (one way) to and from Ottawa.  There is no question that the laptop I bought is way more than I currently need, but I'm now at an age that I will buy what I want, and let the kids or the government end up with less at the end.

Ed

carson said:
The secret is WD-40-    ;D ;D    (see previous posts).

I hate to tell you this Carson, but once you try TriFlow Teflon lubricant, you'll throw your WD in the trash.  ;) ;)

Marc, LOL....I guess waterdog should go back and read the entire hilarious story on our WD-40 entries. Too bad they are all over the place.  I'll keep using it to keep my dandruff in check.  ;) ;D

Carson

Ed,
Know what your talking about. Di and I could never share a computer, my gosh we cannot share a cell phone, a desk or car. Yikes. Also at a time when I get what I need and the estate be dammed. Enjoy
Jim

Water Dog said:
I hate to tell you this Carson, but once you try TriFlow Teflon lubricant, you'll throw your WD in the trash.  ;) ;)

WD, you're right about that.  A guy in a local bike shop put me on to TriFlow about 30 years ago.  I haven't need a new can in quite a while but I'm glad to know they still make it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom