Winter Gig Needed Our Job disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

OK, Work Campers nightmare, on the road to our winter job offer in Petrified Forest and get a call.  The budget got cut, 4 jobs disappear, obviously mine one of them.

So, here we are, in Ogden heading south, and ready to go wherever.  Prefer National Park Cooperating Associations, but will consider most anything.  We can go to FL, but prefer to stay west this year. 

Hear of anything, please let me know. 

What a bummer!

I just learned about this site recently: http://www.coolworks.com

It may be helpful. 

Gary
Yeah, on that site, but can't find login!  Working on it. 

Geo,  Coolworks is good, sent app in here in Utah.

GOT A NEW JOB!!!!

We landed a winter dream job at Grand Canton Association.  We start Nov 8th.  In the park for another day, then head down to pick mail up in Holbrook, down to see Alaskan Snowbirds, then to Tuscon to see son.  Will have a couple days left over next weeek before we come back and report in. 

Prayer works, thank you God.

Congratulations on the GRCA gig. It's a great spot, although a touch on the nippy side in the middle of winter :) . Will you be at Desert View? I remember chatting with a couple a few years ago who were workcamping there for the association. Perhaps we'll see you in the spring....Mike owes me a trip to GRCA so we may be passing that way in March.

Wendy

Congratulations, Whetstones!  Sounds like a perfect fit for the two of you!  Do you know, yet, what your duties will be?

Margi

We will be working for the Grand Canyon Association, basically a sister to the Yellowstone Association we have been worjking for the last two summers.  Our duties pretty much mirror what we havve been doing, working in the bookstore, recruiting members etc.  Stuff we love doing.  Best part is, at Petrified, only I had a job, here we both have a job.  So it essentially is doubling what we will earn.  We and the Dicks visited one of the other bookstores today, very nice.  I think we will be moved around a little, sometimes working together, sometimes two diferent stores.  No big deal.  We have 2 days off a week and they will be the same.

We will be here until April 2nd.  So, if you can come by, come on by!

Congrats Bill and Jolene!  Glad to see a good thing happen to good folks.  Enjoy the gig!

Don and Mary Ann

Thanks all...  Today we left the Dicks behind,  wait that sounds really bad.  We left the Dicks at the Grand Canyon, we are now at Meteor Crater for the night, Camp Club park, only $15, take a drive to Holbrook for mail, and tomorrow, hopefully hook back up with them at Alaskan Snowbirds for an evening.  Then on down to Tuscon.  See our son, and the Dicks head to Maricopa I think.  We want to head to Quartzsite afterwards for a couple days, and eventually (11/8) to start at Grand Canyon.  We know it will be cold, but their average is cold nights, cool days.  We have been in that since Sept 1 at Yellowstone!

You say you worked at Yellowstone for the summer?  We worked at Tower General Store 6/3 -9/21.  Loved every minute of it.  We are newbies and Yellowstone was our first workamping job.  We are back in SC for family reasons.  Now we are stuck because of the snow and ice.  Yucky!  We are looking to work on the east coast this summer.  Since we are newbies, we are not getting any offers, (not yet anyway) still working on sending out resumes and pictures.  If all else fails we have been asked back to Yellowstone General Stores.  We are young fulltimers and don't have any retirement income or Social Security coming in, so what we earn is what we have.  I love the life style and can't wait to get moving again.

We work for the Yellowstone Association.  Heading back for mid April.  Tower is a nice area, close enough to out of the Park for those things which do not exist in the Park.

Are you on Work Camper News?  They have daily jobs posted.  We just had a couple here at Grand Canyon that got a job at Jellystone CG in the Great Smoky Mtn area, I think in Cherokee.  They had no experience going into it.  Great Adventures in Iowa is searching right now. 

We like working for the park partner associations, they have a great mission, working witht he parks on education.  YA has done all the hiring for the season, but GSMNP may still be looking.  If you want to come back west, I think Grand Canyon is looking for seasonals for the summer.  We are here for the winter.  Resudence CG is real nce, big sites, lots of deer. 

Good luck with it all!  And yes we love the lifestyle too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom