Dallas to QZ with stops between

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
    Well!  Shirley and I will depart for Quartzsite in the morning.  We will head over to Albuquerque, NM and visit with Bob & Bev Maxwell along with friend Jane Murray.  Forecasts say it will be pretty cool.  Might encounter some snow in Amarillo.  From there we will visit the Large Array Antennas and try to take a tour which Betty recommended.  From there we will stop in Show Low, AZ and take a side trip for a day into the Salt River Canyon area for some photography.  After that, back on the road through Payson, Phoenix and into Quartzsite. 

We expect to arrive 20th or 21st.  Look forward to seeing the whole group again, four wheeling and more photos and fun.

See ya'll

Ron from Big D said:
? ? ?? From there we will visit the Large Array Antennas and try to take a tour which Betty recommended.?

It is not any kind of a guided tour.  Be sure to watch the video inside the building first, then take the  self guided walking tour  out among the big antennae.  I could almost hear the UFO's.  (But then my hearing is very good.)

Look forward to Quartzsite.

Betty

Watch out for the little gray men hiding among the antennas :)

Ron

>> Forecasts say it will be pretty cool.<<

It was 29 in QZ last night & has warmed up to 55 at 11:00<G>

We are leaving Show Low, AZ this morning.  It is 10 degrees and I hope I can dump.  If not, I'll have to stop in Phoenix and do it. 

We had a great day in the Salt River Canyon yesterday.  Got some nice images.  The day before, coming from Albuquerque, we stopped at the Large Array Radio Telescope, made the tour and got some good images there also.  After that, we stopped for lunch in Pie Town.  Of course we had pie.  ;D

We probably will be in QZ this afternoon.  Anyone up for Fish Dinner at Sweet Darlenes?  Won't be real early, but we plan on going.

See you soon.

Back
Top Bottom