3 day getaway needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukenrock

My wife and I are looking to get away for a few days.  We don't want to spend more than 5-6 hours getting there.  We are located in Fort Wayne Indiana.  Preferably south.

Any suggestions would be great!

Well within your range, and south,  would be Renfro Valley, KY.  We stopped for a few days earlier this month.  Hillbilly, gospel and Bluegrass capital of the world.  Many music shows and a neat town in Berea, 12 miles north.  Loads of galleries and artist shops.  And a candle factory with an outlet store.  We found a campground we liked in Berea ($23 for full hookups and Wi-Fi) and will clearly go back.  If that sort of music is your cup of tea, it's well done.  Also has the KY music hall of fame on the property.

It's the opposite direction and probably fairly cool this time of year, but consider Covert Beach & Campground in Covert, MI.  It's our favorite place for summer camping vacations, we've been 4 times in the last 3 years and stay between 4-6 days typically.  Right along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan, wonderful campground with great beach access (beaches are just like the ocean IMO except no sal****er), and AMAZING over-the-lake sunsets every single evening.  The town of South Haven is 5-6 miles north, a great harbor town with lots of unique shops and restaurants, a lighthouse, and a big playground right on the beach.  Obviously more of a draw for younger kids, although I fit in the swings just fine.  ;)

EDIT: Disregard this recommendation for 2010, as the Covert season ended on Oct. 17th.  But keep them in mind for the future, it's a really unique and picturesque getaway if you're used to being surrounded by cornfields.

If you were to add "near Fort Wayne, Indian" to your subject line you might get a lot more responses.

Back
Top Bottom