Tracvision and direct TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zukIzzy

I have a TracVision in motion in my coach that has worked great for 7 years the one problem we have had is the Direct TV receivers are not very rugged and when used in the coach for about a year they stop working. To get a new receiver is not a big deal but the Tracvision has a slow speed serial data connection. All the new receivers have USB ports which the Tracvision does not recognize. They will work fine while stationary but will not communicate with dish for in motion or finding the satelite. There was a satelite TV installer near my office for a few years and he would give me the older RCA and Panasonic receivers that he replaced with newer versions but he has gone out of business and the last RCA unit I have just stopped working. So I need to find a solution, Direct TV will not talk to me about an RV hook up and the installers that I have talked to only know the TV system and have no clue about the Tracvision. Tracvision wants to sell me a new board and connection that costs as much as a new system. With the construction industry the way it is I don't have the money for that now. I have heard of a serial to USB conversion devise but have never been able to find one. Any hints tricks or old direct TV receivers out there???

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne,

Radio Shack and other electronic stores sell the serial to USB adapters. I use one with an old GPS unit that has a serial output to plug it into my laptop that only has USB ports.

Whether it would work with your Tracvision or not I don't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom