Direct TV DNS rate going up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Johnson said:
My postcard was waiting for us when we got home.

Ours wasn't on Monday.  Looks like a phone call is in order today.

I called the Mobile Support group today and was told that we should have received the postcard.  I was given a fax number to send a request for the dual coast DNS package upgrade along with our account number.  I was told I would get a confirmation via email and requested such.  I'll post here when that confirmation arrives.

303-483-6266 and in the fax give your account number, a statement that you didn't receive the postcard notice and what you would like DirecTV to do.

DirecTV just turned on my E/W HD feeds.....

I now have E/W HD, E/W SD & Phoenix locals HD..... I'm a happy guy.<G>

This is the message on my current bill:

"Attention HD Access customers with a la carte Network Services:
We are changing your a la carte Network services to include an HD feed, at no additional charge for as long as you subscribe to HD Access. You may also see minor changes to how these networks print on the bill, but no other changes to your programming. All changes will be complete by Dec 1st."

Terry, let's hope you still have all those after next week :)

Ned

Don't see why I wouldn't... Note on my bill says I will & I have been grandfathered since 1997..... But I have had E/W HD before & they took them away... I'll just keep my fingers crossed.<G>

I still haven't received a confirmation of my fax.  My next statement isn't until 11/15, pretty close to the 11/18 deadline for the request return.

The fax must have worked.  We're still getting both NYC and LA networks plus PBS and CW E&W.  Also, my account shows a balance of $2.32 that's probably the prorata portion of the new package charge.  Hope nothing changes next week.

Never got  postcard, still in forward limbo I guess, and last night about 9PM we lost the west  coast feed.  Now I had called in and was assurred we would have no change in service.  Seems to be one of the issues Direct, and most any customer service has, reps that have no clue.  If you aren't upping your service you haven't got a chance with them. 

Right now on hold trying to get it fixed.  Having a FFL address, we are on east coast feed.  Not only do I not have west coast, but east coast doesn't work for us that well.

OK, fixed.  Got DTV on the phone again, explained the situation, was put on a loooong hold, but when the rep came back we had everything restored.  So, if you didn't get the card and suffered the change, no problem, just call and get a coffee, watch your cell minutes tick, but it will get fixed.

Bill:

I also did not get the card and called Directv DNS on the 19th. I was assured he had taken care of everything but on the 22nd lost all DNS and then East only was added back yesterday. Tried to call last night and after 5 tries was told the DNS dept was too bust to answer any more calls. I have been on hold right now for 20 minutes waiting for them too answer. ::)

I guess they are taking a lot of calls for all of us RVers..

Rick:

Sorry so slow to see your question.

I call DTV 2 to 4 times a year to change my local location.  A minum of two because we always go to Colorado in summer and Arizona in winter.  Sometimes another change when we go to Maryland to visit grandkids or Montana to visit home.

Smoky

Ned said:
Jeff, you should have sent the fax :)

Yep!

I had let our fax subscription expire so thought I'd try the phone. I did finally get through to the DNS dept and the tech immediately knew what I was calling about and had it fixed in about five minutes.

OK, I lost my east coast feed last night too. I called and spent an HOUR on hold before I finally got tired and hung up. But here is the interesting part. I logged on to my on line Direct account. Under the "recent activity" tab it showed that on the 23rd I was credited $7.00 (half of the monthly DNS service) and on the same date I was charged $7.50 (half of the new DNS fee).  When I searched the site for info under DNS I found some threads pertaining to the new system. According to the info, the FCC prohibits them from supplying both east and west feeds on one account. If you want both east and west feeds and have a stick house as well as an RV, you have to have two separate accounts. One east and one west.  Anyone else run into that?

Obviously that is not so, since DTV has offered in their letter to provide both for $20 and either East or West for $15.  But you can't do that with a stick house contract - you need a mobile account to get both. That's where the FCC rules come in.

Back
Top Bottom