Need Mobile Command Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mothemoose

Hello  :eek: I run an internet company and I need to get a "mobile command center".

What I am looking for is something that can hold six people comfortably, something with a fair amount of desk space. During the day I will have a team of six people using laptops and holding meetings, at night I want something I can break out a few drinks in and have fun with. Does any RV company offer something like a murphy bed or other "transformer" furniture? i.e. furniture that doubles as work area/play (sleep) area?

If anyone (not working for a commission ;) ) could point me in the right direction, I would be your best friend.

Sounds like you need a 40 ft diesel pusher with 4 slideouts ($200,00-800,000) plus the name of a good after purchase furniture maker.

Only minor mods to a 40 footer would make seating for 6 laptop workstations.
1 driver seat table over the steering wheel
2 install computer desk in place of one of the sofas
3, 4 temperary tables in front of other sofa
5,6 2 at the dining table

These folks will likely have done such things in the past.
Country Coach 800-547-8015/ 541-998-3720
davis cabinets inc 541-998-8778
monaco
foretravel of texas factory  800-955-6226
newmar

I know motor coaches. Really big 5th wheel trailers may also suffice, but I am not as knowledgeable.

It would probably be much less expensive to convert a trailer to a "mobile command center" than to do so with a motorhome, but then you have to buy a substantial truck or SUV to tow it with.

How much workspace do the six people need?  If not much more than a place to set a laptop and a chair, I think even a 35 foot motorhome would accomodate them after stripping out the sofa, recliner, etc. and replacing with convertible furniture. And you probably don't need a lot of weight carrying capacity either, unless you plan to live in this rig as well as usuing it for a command post.  Therefore a gas-engine model would probably handle your needs and get the price down to the $140-150k range.

There are companies that custom-make what are sometimes known as "show haulers", because they are typically used in conjunction with trade shows as combination demo booths and after-hours relaxation centers. That sounds much like what you want. There is even a company named Showhauler - see http://www.showhauler.com/  A web search on "show hauler" will bring up quite a few hits, including some used ones available.

Thank you for the input. I will look into these places. Unfortunately, being a new company, I am on a limited budget and may have to make due with something on the smaller side and used. I didn't realize how expensive RVs can be but I am a quick learner  ;D.

mothemoose said:
Thank you for the input. I will look into these places. Unfortunately, being a new company, I am on a limited budget and may have to make due with something on the smaller side and used. I didn't realize how expensive RVs can be but I am a quick learner  ;D.
Well then, Featherlite can also steer you to used trailers/RVs that may besuitable. Doesn't cost anything to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom