Fresh water always shows full

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3fivers

We purchased a new Crossroads Cruiser fifth-wheel this spring and have noticed that the fresh water tank (58 gals) shows full even when the black and 2 grey tanks (40 gals each)  show 1/3 or higher.  This has caused us some concern since we do not know how much fresh water we have unless we do the math on the black & greys.  The dealer has checked the gauges and says the sensors in the fresh tank are close together and therefore all is normal.  We do realize that the gauges are just that - to give you a rough idea of the water levels but...  Are there others out there with similar water problems or is it our Cruiser?

It's your trailer.  Gauges on black tanks rarely work worth damn due getting crudied up with paper.  Gray tank  usually work fairly well.  Fresh water tanks should work reasonably well, no crud, and in my experience they do.

Take it in to the dealer for a warranty fix.

Agree - you need a repair. Fresh tank gauges should and normally do work reliably.  If they installed the gauge sensors too close together, complain to the manufacturer until he does something about it.
Installing  the SeeLevel external gauge sensors is one option.
http://www.garnetinstruments.com/about_us.shtml

Before you get too expensive.. Check the grounds on the display panel.

Fresh sensors, unlike black/gray, USUALLY do not act up much (Mind did but in my case it was that I lost a level, full worked, 1/3 worked and 2/3  Well it now works again but up till last week it did not,, Was not the sensor though, was something else, That something else has a value of around 645K if I recall correctly but in truth, I'm not sure if there are not more zeros on that number)

I found parts in my junk box and made the needed resistor, works great now.. But ... And this is important.

An earlier problem I had with empty tanks reading full was due to a bad ground on the sensor board.  Some 20-something guage wires were crimped to some teen guage (14 I think) and the wire had pulled out of the crimp.  Re-did, (Better) and it works great now.

Thanks for the replies - this is our first time using any RV forum and it's nice to know we can refer to this in our RV "toolbox"  :)

Back
Top Bottom