Under Sink Drip Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
Notwithstanding it was 19 degrees last night in Taos, we expected a different kind of water problem than what we got.

Turns out, for probably some time, the hot water line connection under the sink had been dripping. Conveniently, there was an iron skillet directly under it (rather be lucky than good), but a new roll of paper towels got stuck in the skillet and that was this morning's cheap surprise when I went to replace what was on the roller. The towels had wicked all the water and weighed five pounds.

Anyway, the shelf made of particle board beneath that also wicked up the water, and the piece of carpeting over some paneling wood soaked as well.

Any reason why I would not just put a galvanized pan will rolled edges (still light weight) under the sink as the new shelf/flooring to keep the water from destroying anything in its path?

Anybody have any other interesting ideas or solutions they liked? This is my first DIY effort in the motorhome and I would a solution better than the original.

This will open a can of worms~ we use our water pump for everything. Turn it off after use- no leaks, drips, floods or surprises. Also- if you are in cold temps use a small electric heater to keep your plumbing warm. Ask me how I know this

How do you know this, Ernie? (gotta be a good story)

The water pump is making surging noises all of a sudden, and we don't think that is normal, but that may end up being another thread. If it were not for that, yes, that would seem to be an alternative.

We are remotely monitoring temps, doesn't mean something won't freeze, and using an electric heater for most of the heat.

Why not fix the leak? Then you don't need a pan that has to be emptied periodically. I know you don't check it often - otherwise you would have noticed the drip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom