unloading camper at campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budster0805

wondering if anyone has had any problems with leaving camper off truck at any campgrounds. ie:management refusing to let you do so. Bud

I don't own a truck camper, but I have seen them left at the campground.  No different than leaving a tent or a trailer on the campsite and going leaving the campground for errands.

There are some places that don't allow it.  It might pay to ask at some of the places you plan to stay.

A fact to consider is that jack separation during loading or unloading is a common source of insurance claims for truck campers.  I have hitched up my trailer at night in the rain on a site that isn't level.  Not sure I'd want to do it with a truck camper that I liked.

I have a 11ft 6 in. camper that stays on my truck...primarily because it's such a hassle to remove it, and a lack of trust of the manual jacks.  It can be dangerous to remove your camper on unlevel or soft ground.  They can topple over easily or rip off the corner.  With the newer electric jacks, you have it easier to put the camper on or off, but the safety issues are still the same.  I think campgrounds that don't allow removal of a camper have probably run into legal problems when someone topples their camper and tries to blame the campground for unlevel or soft ground.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom