Skirting material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
PancakeBill said:
.... eventually (11/8) to start at Grand Canyon.  We know it will be cold, but their average is cold nights, cool days.

Bill, I know that Mobile Home skirting is probably available in Flag and it might be something you could sell for a lttle return next spring. The other Idea I had was canvass fastened to the bottom of the coach, rocks/ciinder block or pipe to hold it down and then rolled up and velcro straped for travel behind the side wall lower rim on the coach. Put a couple of 100w lights down there. I used straw bales when I wintered in Omaha but when  I wintered in Holbrook, my Leprechaun was moving back and forth to Winslow and St. Paul's.

Epiphany, Flagstaff, is a good place for Christmas Eve Midnight. . .

I want to get Estell to the Forrest, Painted Desert, Wupatki, Walnut Canyon[[?] and of course Grand Canyon on a four day weekend soon, She's off work on Fridays, but Mon holidays are sparse in the winter. Perhaps President's Day. . .

Edit: Split from original topic.

Bob  Would love to have yoou and Estelle drop in!  Not sure f our days off yet, but will know soon enough.  I am hoping I might be able to go to Q for rally.  NY Eve Cataline would be tough. 

Our schedule is 5 on 2 off, just not sure how they line up in a week.

Skirting, thinking of tarp material, I can install snaps.  The bottom is the question. 

Canvass, make it long enough to put cinder block on it that can totally cover 6" on the ground & be left or get more of those wonderful anchor bolts that can be both placed in cement using a pre-drilled smaller hole and then removed --with permission of course.  ;)  Then you fill those holes with cement on the pad before leaving in the spring.

No pad, just on gravel.  I was thinking PVC pipe.  However, I would like for it to be easily removed if we want to travel, loke to Q for a couple days in Jan.  Thinking of installing snaps, on the rig, and on the material.  OR, using the 1" foam insulation.  If I could get hay delivered it would work, and might give me a lot of deer photos.  Then that is probably against park regs for feeding wildlife. 

I'll be in Lowes this week cogitating on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom