Quartzsite 06 ARRIVALS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

Hello everyone:

Wanted to let you know that I have started updating the RV Forum Quartzsite 06 page to note the arrival of those on the sign up list -- or add names to the list that are not already there. Will check the thread that Jeannine started upon their arrival for new arrivals each day to make sure I have eveyone listed. Am placing a red ARRIVED note by each name as they show.

If anyone notes an arrival that didn't post to that thread -- please let me know if possible.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get there early as I have in past years. I ran into one of those, "something came up . . ." thingys -- so will be a bit late this time. I hope to arrive by next weekend.

If someone parks in the neat site with the fire ring I built over the past 3 last years -- that's OK. Just be aware that that's the site that gets the most wind, it seems to rain there more than anywhere else, the Rangers check the coach sticker on that site at least twice a day, ATV's use it as a short cut, and finally, is the only site that has reported attacks by rattle snakes. Other than that, it's a great site.? :)

QUARTZSITE 06 ARRIVALS/ATTENDEE LIST, check this site . . .

http://www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Bob Buchanan said:
If someone parks in the neat site with the fire ring I built over the past 3 last years -- that's OK. Just be aware that that's the site that gets the most wind, it seems to rain there more than anywhere else, the Rangers check the coach sticker on that site at least twice a day, ATV's use it as a short cut, and finally, is the only site that has reported attacks by rattle snakes. Other than that, it's a great site.  :)

Bob

We are parked right across from your site and are watching it for you ;D ;D

Bernie,

Maybe you could put a reserved for Robert Buchanan sign at the famous fire ring site. 
It would be a nice gesture!
Bob parks on the Quartzsite side of the fire ring.

JerryF

JerArdra said:
Bernie,

Maybe you could put a reserved for Robert Buchanan sign at the famous fire ring site. 
It would be a nice gesture!
Bob parks on the Quartzsite side of the fire ring.

JerryF

The Forum is reaching new heights! Reservations in the desert. ;D ;D

If anyone deserves them it's Bob for all his effort.

We're (finally) pulling up stakes and heading out this morning. Should arrive sometime tomorrow or maybe Thursday. Hoped to leave Sunday, but didn't make it. Figured that Monday would work, but then remembered I hadn't stopped the mail and Monday was a holiday.

I'm not done with my long list of TBDs, but Chris wants to get out of Dodge before the next storm comes in later today.

Karl said:
Hi Bob,

Arrived yesterday afternoon. We decided to auction off your space, so you'd better get here soon!

Oh no . . . . !!!!! Guess I had best get on the road.  :)

Please keep me posted on arrivals so I can keep the web page up to date until I can be there myself.

Current plan is to leave in the AM (Wednesday) -- and hopefully arrive by Friday. Taking the rig in today for oil change and such and to get it travel ready.

Jerry, Bernie, Jeff -- thanks for the thoughts on keeping my space open. I appreciate that . . .

Tom said:
I'm not done with my long list of TBDs, but Chris wants to get out of Dodge before the next storm comes in later today.

Yep -- looks like still another storm coming in. I think I will head south after getting the rig serviced -- hopefully get as far as Santa Nella. Will stay at the San Luis RV Resort tonight and make Majove tomorrow, and QZ on Thursday. Of course, I never know how far I can get each day . . .

Will post along the way.

Shirley and I are in cold Albuquerque and will have dinner this evening with Bob, Bev and Jane.  We will head over to Show Low, AZ tomorrow with a stop and the Large Antenna Array.  I will attempt some photography on Thursday in the Salt River Canyon.  We plan to head out on Friday for Phoenix to dump and get water.  Then on to QZ.  Might spend Friday night in Phoenix and come down on Saturday.

Bob Buchanan said:
Of course, I never know how far I can get each day.

Same here Bob. We got a late start (after 11.00am), but we're finally on the freeway headed south. We'll probably make it to Bakersfield today.

A couple of changes to your list, based on a combination of email and phone call:

Al & Judy Griefer can't make it.

Dave & Lisa Heller will join us for a few days, probably arriving on this coming weekend. (They'll call and, if we're in QZ, they'll come. If not, they'll keep going).

BTW where will you be getting the rig serviced?

Ron said:
Maybe Bernie will save the site next to the one I had last year. Maybe Smokey will let me hook on to the 50 amps.

Ron

I don't think you will be able to park in that space this year, too many coaches will extend the parking line further down.

Are the existing coaches spread out to (unofficially) reserve space - so we don't get another group move in on us?

Back
Top Bottom