Quartzsite 06 ARRIVALS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Are the existing coaches spread out to (unofficially) reserve space - so we don't get another group move in on us?

Tom

All we have to do is tell them that we have 50 rigs coming in and they immediately split. Lots of room out there.

BernieD said:
Ron

I don't think you will be able to park in that space this year, too many coaches will extend the parking line further down.

Just got to get next to Smoke and the 50amps.  We do like facing that direction though.

BernieD said:
Tom

All we have to do is tell them that we have 50 rigs coming in and they immediately split.

Bernie, does that mean you're the volunteer Sheriff?

Tom said:

Nope

Jeanine took care of the interlopers ;)  Anyways, you couldn't afford me as volunteer Sheriff ;D ;D  In any case, having a volunteer Sheriff sounds too organized :-\

Tom said:

Jeanine does a much better job than me. A coach set up late last nite on the left at the beginning of our peninsula. Say they were there last year, they remember the Marabito corgis. Have 5-6 coaches coming in till Sunday. Should be able to co-exist.

Bernie, we'll let Ron M's corgis chase them away  ;D

Did I miss something here? Do we really need reservations at the QZ BLM site this year? I've been busy looking for a decent pan that can hold a couple eggs to coddle on my genset...

No resrvations, but Bob Buchannan is keeping track of who's planning to attend and actual arrivals.

I got my rig parked there last night... Then this morning I had to jet back home (I do mean jet, Airbus) and I'll get back to QZ Monday Evening.......

Meanwhile my wife and her friend are babysitting the rig.. When, that is, they can find it (They got lost coming home from the airport... Now understand I made sure they knew which section of the desert we are parked in (Tyson's wash) and I gave them a GPS locked on the Rig's driver's seat... And they still got lost

Has anyone tried a multiplexer attached to the 50 amp pedestal?  Maybe it will multiply itself and spit out a full 50 amps to whoever plugs in.  And maybe among all the techies we have coming, someone will figure out how to make it all wireless so we won't have 50 amp cables running all over the camp area.  ;D

Tom said:
Jeanine took care of the interlopers

I was very hospitable.  I asked if they were here for the RV Forum Rally.  When they said no, I said we were expecting about 60 rigs and they were welcome to join us.  I also said we were a lively group, hoping they would interpret that as noisy.  They only took a few minutes to decide to leave.

Jeannine

Jeannine said:
I said we were expecting about 60 rigs and they were welcome to join us. I also said we were a lively group, hoping they would interpret that as noisy.

LOL Jeannine, that was both hospitable and diplomatic.

Smoky said:
Has anyone tried a multiplexer attached to the 50 amp pedestal?  Maybe it will multiply itself and spit out a full 50 amps to whoever plugs in.  And maybe among all the techies we have coming, someone will figure out how to make it all wireless so we won't have 50 amp cables running all over the camp area.  ;D

Possible Smokey, My rig is set to pass on up to 30 amps on each leg of a 50 amp hookup..

However it won't provide 50 amps to everyone,,, Just 50 amps overall, so ifyou are using 30 on one or the other legs there is 20 amps left for the other users,  if you have 5 rigs each using 10 amps, on a leg there is nothign left on that leg

Tom said:
Same here Bob. We got a late start (after 11.00am), but we're finally on the freeway headed south. We'll probably make it to Bakersfield today.

BTW where will you be getting the rig serviced?

I pulled into QZ around 3:30 or so this afternoon (Thursday). Was nice to be greeted by so many RVForum friends plus get a big Helaine Hug -- and to find that Bernie had reserved my site by my fire ring. Thank you, Bernie -- you are a gentleman and a scholar :)

This was a bad weather trip for me, Tom. Wednesday AM I hit that kind of valley fog that we all dread -- plus it was raining as well. That slowed me down quite a bit, but I managed to make Barstow last night. However, at Mojave the heavy winds hit. Not too bad as it was a direct tailwind. But today, around Ludlow on the 40 I hit killer winds. Several big rigs blew over -- according to a trucker on my CB. Not a good feelling trying to keep my rig on the road while watching three tow truck trying to right an 18 wheeler.

Had my rig serviced at CW in Rocklin. I used to use Jiffy Lube in Sacto, but once I got my 2Way dish -- I wouldn't fit in the bay anymore. :(

There are tons of rigs here already -- so will get the site updated tonight and in the AM when I do a better rig/head count.

Bob,

Glad you made it safely. We decided to stop at Lake Havasu for a few days with the Reiters. We'll be in QZ Saturday morning.

BTW remind me to tell you some stories about Jiffy Lube.

:) Kathy and I should arrive sometime Thursday (26th) afternoon. We both still work and cannot get off any earlier. So hopefully there will enough room for our 36 foot Prairie Schooner 5th wheeler...no washes please.

FYI - After I'm done zipping up these wooden pallets with my reciprocating saw to 12" lengths, I should have about a half-cord of various wood in the truck bed for the campfire too. Hope that helps.

Anyone have or know of anyone with a decent used "Quad" ATV or mini-dune buggy gizmo for sale?? Talk to me at QZ. Thanks.

Bob:

Glad you made it in OK.  I may have failed to meet you last night at the happy hour.  If I did, I was overwhelmed by so many new faces.  If I didn't I hope we can say howdy this evening.  This is a first rate operation you run and we are very appreciative.  ;)

Bob Buchanan said:
I pulled into QZ around 3:30 or so this afternoon (Thursday).

I'm back in the Detroit area for the weekend (Will be back to QZ Monday Afternoon)

Just spoke with my wife... She mentioned meeting you (Nice thigns were said about you)

And by the way a public thanks to Bernie,,, He showed us to a parking space, helped me back in
and got us settled for the night when I arrived in my newlly repaired rig.  Then he tried to help wife and dizzy blond friend driver find their way back to the rig (alas, they were way too lost... thankfully I thought to give them a nav aid and between it and myself... We figured out she was in the wrong part of the desert, (Wrong ranger station) got that fixed and she found the rig no problem)

Now if we could just tap a bit of Smokey's 50 amps :)... Only need about 10 or so

Back
Top Bottom