Walmart and Saftey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I certainly would not consider WalMart as a DESTINATION  :mad: ~~ But as an enroute o/nite  perhaps.  Haven't yet but it is a possibility. ::)

I would not stay in the Walmart parking lot in Beaumont Texas, but any of the smaller towns in the area would be safe.

We have always used Walmarts and Cracker Barrels, as well as other areas for an overnight when going on a trip of more than one day. We always go in and do some shopping and ask permission when at a business.

Years ago, we went to a Life on Wheels seminar the week before the PA RV show. There we attended a seminar on RV safety. They offered many tips on insuring your safety when parked. Here's a few of the tips they offered that we have adopted. I always keep a 2,000,000 candlepower spotlight, a boaters hand held air horn, and a can of bear spray by the door. A bright light in the face at night will sure make one pause. An air horn blast also makes anyone approaching pause. The bear spray is the last resort. Thankfully, I have never had to use any of these.

About the worst disturbance we have encountered is the cleaning service running a street sweeper around the Walmart parking lot at 3:00AM in the morning.

We just got back from ME, VT, NH, NY and CT. The majority of our stops were in campgrounds, but while traveling, we overnighted at at a CT RV rest area, Cabela's, Walmart, and a NY Throughway rest area. At all locations, we felt perfectly safe.

Back
Top Bottom