Winnie Single Pane Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LK23

I am replacing a bedroom window that has fogged.  In a discussion with Winnebago today, I learned that the windows on new Winnie products are single pane glass and they no longer sell products with dual pane glass.  I surely can understand why since so many windows have broken seals but wonder about the energy efficiency of a single pane of glass.  How is Winnebago responding to this issue.  Is the glass Low-E?  It still seems the single pane glass would be less efficient.  Has anyone heard Winnebago's pitch on their new windows?

I was looking at some pages I downloaded on the 2011 models and they say "Tinted Dual Glazed/ Thermo insulated windows".

Possibly a misunderstanding.  I inquired about how I might purchase a new bedroom window complete unit when Atwood no longer makes the windows and the answer I received was their new window manufacturer could make me a new window unit but it would be single pane glass.  I asked if all new Winnebago products have single pane glass and the answer was, Yes. 

I have a 2009 Adventurer 32h and have had 2 dual pane windows on the driver's upper and forward door go bad.  Winnie replaced both with single pane... I called them directly and they said that  that's what they are replacing them with.  They also said that they were going to work with a new vendor for them but I guess that didn't happen because my 2nd window was just replaced with single pane.  I'm not happy for sure.  Paid a lot of money (for me that is) for a coach with dual pane windows... now in less than 1 year 2 have gone bad and replaced with single pane.  I have to put the plastic  heat to shrink storm windows on as I use the coach all winter to help keep me warm.  This is a  unattractive solution at best especially after spending over 100 grand for a new coach.

I'm planning on going the the WIT rally this year just to see if I can bend someone's ear at Winnie about this issue.  doesn't seem right.

I can't imagine them only offering single pane windows!  Talk about condensation during cold weather camping!!!!  :eek:

I believe the new VIA has dual pane Plastic windows, and we once owned a prototype 4 season travel trailer by Fleetwood that had those, and they are great windows.  They should use these on their new units!

Be happy you got a replacement window that fits correctly.  We had a replacement window put in under warranty and as they have a new company building there windows the replacement is smaller than the original.  That's not good when you have full body paint and the paint only went to the edge of the old window and now we have a smaller window so there is about 1/2" gap between the body paint and the window frame at the top.  Winnebago thinks that's fine.  My replacement window was a dual pane.  There are some serious problems at Winnebago.  They need to wake up not only for the customers, but also for the stock holders. 

Heard from my Winnie contact about the single pane issue.  They are using single pane only in the cab area, the rational was if a double pane window failed and fogged up in the cab area, you must replace the window for safety reasons.  If a fogged up window was in the house area, it is your choice to replace it or not.

Se Gi is Winnebago's new window vendor and their replacement windows have an outside frame that is unfortunately a little smaller than the old Attwoods.

And Se Gi has a terrible reputation among owners of other brands of RVs. SeGi dual pane windows are well known for early failures and heavy fogging. Don't ask me how I know...

I heard that Se Gi had gone out of business. Guess maybe that is not true if Winnie is now using them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom