Aerosol Spray Foam Insulation for SURFACES?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

I am in the process of heating and insulating the tanks on our 5th wheel trailer.  The last trailer we owned I had spray foam insulated professionally, as there was a lot to do. This unit has the floor insulated already, so all I need to do is the tanks.

Does anyone know of an aerosol spray foam that can be applied to SURFACES?  Most products have a straw for filling cracks, and it just does not work for covering a surface.

Thanks.

Frank.

There are products to cover surfaces, however I don't know who makes them or what they are called,  I would suggest a Google search.

I might, however, have a lead on how you can find out

Just now my rig's in the shop (Ready to pick up but it will be a couple of hours before I get there) so I'm "Stuck" in a motel, (Best Westren, on Craig near Nellis, Los Vegas) They have a solar hot water heater.

This consists of a group of solar collectors on the roof and one large (I'm guessing about 1,000 gallon) tank, spray foam insulated, in back of the Motel

You might check the solar enegery places for such a product

John:

>I would suggest a Google search.<

Tried that but can't find an aerosol product.

Spray urethane foam is a common surface insulator these days, but is usually available from commercial insulators only.  I don't need quite that much, and was hoping that I could find a 'do it yourself' approach.  Urethane spary foam is available in aerosol cans, but with a long staw for filling cracks.  I could use that if I could find a spray nozzle that would allow me to apply it to a surface.  So far, I have not found such.

Thanks.

Frank.

You might check with a roofing company that specializes in foam roofing. I see them on commercial buildings all the time.

OK, I found out that such a kit is available.  It is a two-tank single-use system that will do 100 board feet (10' x 10' x 1").  However, the price here locally is $409.  The commercial urethane fellow that sprayed the underside of my my previous trailer has a minumum charge of $150.  Looks like I'll get him to do it again, even though the job is small.

Thanks, all, for the help just the same.

Frank.

Back
Top Bottom