First Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolsout2

My wife and I have spent the last 2 months getting our first MH ready to go.  We purchased a 2000 Pace Arrow and broke down 10 miles from the dealer after taking delivery.  They came out and fixed the problem.  After we got home we found many things that were not working, and returned it to the dealer.  When we picked it up again we then went on a 3 day shakedown.  We had a lot of fun and were really starting to plan how we could enjoy our retirement in our first RV when we blew the new exhaust gasket.  When we returned it again to the dealer, they worked very hard to get everything fixed or replaced that they or we found, at their cost.  I will say they have been great about taking care of anything we found to not be working.

Well we found a toad, I hooked it all up and we bought new tires for the MH.  We then headed out for a long awaited trip to VA and DC from Ohio.  As I kept waiting for something to break, we did enjoy the travel and scenery along the way.  After 7 days and 6 nights out in the cool mountain air we returned home.  We finally began to relax and enjoy the trip and stopped waiting for something to happen.

Now the big problem!  We can't wait to go out again!  The experience was well worth all of the problems we first had.  We are not going to be able to stay home very much when we can get out and explore.  We have traveled much of the US, and can now go back and revisit it in a different way.

What did we learn?  Do not trust the GPS.  ALWAYS double check the routing. 
Use the checklist and add to it when you find you need to.
Gauges are not always accurate.  1/2 tank of propane for us is actually 3/4 (maybe time for a new gauge)
We had fun fun fun!!!!

Welcome to the forum.  I think the first thing that you learned was that the RVing lifestyle is addictive and provides many pleasures.  We've all had our challenges with our coaches but those are only the topics to laugh about, when we sit around the campfire.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom