buying into the park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

four winds

Has anyone looked into buying your lot in a park in Fla? Some are 40 to $50,000 and you still have to pay 300 plus a month in fees year round .I looked a some in venice  Fla. and the lots are a co op start at $ 60,000 monthly fee about $300.00  $80,000 will get you a 40 year old trailer on the lot.Seems like a lot of money for what you get.

Its the old, price vs demand. Almost all parks in south Florida are full during winter so lots of demand. Lots of snowbirds willing to pay that price. I too think its rediculous but may pay it in the near future. Keep in mind that the further south, the higher the prices. Back up towards the middle of the state, the prices drop a lot.

Where my folks are the lots are around 60k, but monthly is only 50.  Very nice park, in Zephyrhills.  Not exactly a posh city, but everything you need is within 5 mmiles.  About 50 to Gulf coast beaches.

We haven't considered it and probably won't but spent the winter a couple of years ago in Indio, Ca renting from a site owner in a resort (Outdoor Resorts) where sites had sold for close to a million bucks... monthly maintenance fees were $480.  I guess some people just have way more money than we do.  :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom