New to RV'n

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrazky

Hey to everyone, good to be aboard!

My name is Josh and my family of four and I are looking at buying a trailer sooner than later.  We have been tent camping many times but now since baby Alexa we are going to buy a trailer sooner than later.  I have two questions that I am hoping to get some help with:

1.  Does anyone know how to get specific information (i.e. model number, make and history) from the VIN#?

2.  I googled financing for RV's and want to know if anyone has had first hand experience with online finacing, who has the best rates, how easy is it, is it safe etc.

Any help or suggestions I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Josh, Jen, Jr., Alexa

Josh, welcome to the forum. I've never used online financing, but do you belong to a credit union? When the kids wanted to finance cars, credit union financing couldn't be beat.

Josh, Jen, Jr., Alexa,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you found us.  We haven't ever tried online financing.  Tom made a great suggestion of checking with a credit union.  Another place is check with some of the finance institutions that advertise in the RV magazines.

I do belong to a credit union but recently re-fi'd two cars through them, its' being reviewed right now and am mostly asking in case they say no.  Offhand I have noticed the ads in the autotrader and rvtrader have online services but not positive.

I am lined up to get a score on a trailer through a friend of a friend, and am mostly convinced its a good deal, but I don't have the model number, only the VIN so far (hence the first question)

Have you used the advertised financing?  Just curios to see if anyone has used it or its reliable

jrazky said:
Have you used the advertised financing?

As I said Josh, I haven't used them, but maybe someone else here has.

I had one experience with using online financing, via the Good Sam clubs tie to Ganis Credit (now part of Etrade). It worked fine - just as easy as using local sources, since most everything gets done by phone & fax anyway. I ended up using the dealer's financing, though, cause he matched the excellent Ganis rate once he saw how things were going.

I have also obtained quotes for a re-finance  from major online RV creditors. Excellent tool because once again, my current finance source (Bank of America) matched the rate I was quoted elsewhere. Amazing how their attitude changes when you have a reputable source elsewhere!

I would have no hesitancy at all in using one of the major online sources, e.g. Beacon, FUN, Etrade, etc. A lot of the web sites are for brokers, which is fine, but I would ask who will actually be underwriting the loan. I like to know who I am actually doing business with. Same question at an RV dealer.

Back
Top Bottom