Looking for other 1994-1996 Aristream Land Yacht ?Clippers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhwhit

Sorry for the long message.

As I understand there were only ?25? Clippers ever built.  They put so much in to the Clipper, making it very expensive.  My ?Clipper? (I have the window sticker) Price in 1995 $192,000.00.  My ?Clipper still runs grate we just did 6 months in her and pulled a Saturn Vue Hybird and got 9.5 MPG average.  I know of two other ?Clippers? one in British Columbia, the other Long Beach Mississippi.  If you have on please let me know.

This was an anniversary show piece for the 65th year celebration at Airstream. Every effort was put into this development to make it an outstanding performing luxury motor home. This chassis was the heaviest built ever supplied to Airstream with a factory GVW of 29500#. This required wheel size of 22.5" and with precise engineering, a spacious and practical design resulted in a suburb handling unit on any road.

The engine supplied for the CLIPPER was the highest HP engine to this date installed in an Airstream. The CUMMINS CT 300 matched to the MD3060 Allison produced the highest HP/weight ratio in the industry for a "dry weight" unit of similar size and specs.

The interior layout gave a spacious kitchen, large counter space, unmatched by even the larger units of today. Because the washer/dryer was up front, the wardrobe area was large and the bath included a full garden tub, again, not seen in later models.
The Oshkosh/Freightliner raised rail chassis gave the largest basement ever built by Airstream.

The Airstream Clipper was, without a doubt, the ultimate luxury cruzzing motor home of the day, and time has not lessened the attractiveness of this home.
Thanks Whit

Back
Top Bottom