Need help with tile floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darrin Baxter

Im about to put tile in my 96 allegro bus. Just not sure about what to do on the slide. The lip on the front got me stumped. Any ideas on how and what to put down.

Thanks Darrin
edit: changed subject.

I took the liberty of changing the subject line of your message. We have a number of members with expertise in tiling, and they're more likely to see a relevant subject line.

You will need a stair nose for your edge, as you don't want the raw edge of the tile showing. They come in either metal, wood or vinyl.

While we're on the subject, I have a question.  We are going to replace our carpet with Allure flooring this summer.  We have laminate now in the kitchen area which we want to keep.  I think it's called Wilson Flooring or something like that.  How do we transition from the Allure flooring to the laminate flooring in the kitchen area?

Ruth

If you havent already done this you will need to put down underlynment first ehter hardibacker or some form of cement board this still wont guarantee your tile or grout wont crack but will reduce the chances conserably  if you need information on how to do it email me.

Ruth, you can use a "T" moulding. Some of them come with a track you fasten or nail down, first, then the "T" snaps in place.
They come in metal, vinyl, wood, or composite

Darrin,

At one time Monaco used to put down an extra layer of plywood as underlayment for stiffness mostly so the grout or maybe even the tile would resist cracking.  It is possible that your current flooring might twist and bend as you drive.  With all due respect, your coach is a 1996 and back then MH mfg'ers were not as experienced on full tile floors.

Because you usually do not do a lot of walking on the floor of the slideout I have seen tile on the main floor and carpet on the slideout floor.  Just a thought.

JerryF

Back
Top Bottom